• 5/10 spoke caps

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have 2 sets of caps.
So, I have 3 options to "run."
Eventually, I will paint one cap set red, maybe one set black. I might also add chrome trim to the black steelies.

So, for now, which do you like?
The 6-spoke steelies are like the silver one on the brochures.
The 5/10 spokes:

Steelies:

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Geezer said:
Black steelies if they're going to have a center cap like this...

...but then, I'm "old school".
I've been looking for wheels like that, actually.
I have been unable to locate any that would fit (according to the sales people,who might be ticked that I want them for a Japanese car . . . )
When I have time, I want to head up to a hot rod shop near the Greenville-Spartanburg airport. I wonder if any "moon"-type steelies will fit and how they will look.
(I mean the domed look, rather than the lake racer flat disks.)

The center cap style won't work on the stock caps, as our steelies have no flanges to hold the "pop-in" caps in place.
Also, the face shape is (so I've been told) the wrong shape to fit around the disk brakes. The calipers, supposedly, get in the way.

Also, most of the "real thing" 30s-60s steelies are 15 inch and have tiny offsets (like 10-12), so (I've been told) won't just "bolt on" even if the lugs match.

I am investigating a long-term wheel option. This poll is for the short-term running. I'm curious what ya'll think.

G

·
f you figure out how to get some center caps that fit for out steelies Tartan let me know. I still cant find any to fit. Id like to go with whitewalls, powder painted steelies and center caps but Im thinking Ill have to settle with 5 lug spiders instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.