Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in a pretty nice neighborhood and last night my car window got busted out and my gps and sat radio got stolen. My mount was in the window gps in my glove box and they yanked it. Good thing i have my interior light to off if it was on they prolly would have saw my cord running to my ipod in my center glove box. Insurance is going to cover the window and the re tint but not my stolen stuff :( it was about 375 worth of stuff stolen. My deductible is 500 so im SOL :mad: my insurance agent said there was a case last week same set up but they only had the left over suction cup mark. The cop told me i was the 3 was as the time i called but the other had wallets taken credit cards already ran up. good thing karma is a B so the people that did this will get there's

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Damn that sux.. that's why I try not to leave anything at all in my car. My wife left her van unlocked a few days ago and someone helped themself to the change in her cup holder. They got about $3.00 in change. Fortunately that was all they took. My wife had some medical supplies (first aid stuff) in the Stow-N-Go compartment.

We live in a "safe" neighborhood, too, but this just goes to show how little respect some people have for others' property.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Sorry to hear about your getting ripped off at home. Our neighborhood is questionable, so we have motion sensor lights in the driveway and both of us have alarms on the vehicles. Also, there is a law here against leaving your keys in your car, running or not. If no one is in the vehicle, it has to be locked and the keys taken. When we go out of town, we have close neighbors that watch our place. Oh, and Texas has a "castle" law where you can shoot anyone endangering you either at home, in your vehicle, or at your place of employment. I am so tired of the city...can't wait to move back to the Smokies.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That totally sucks.Unless you live in a nice area, parking a car outside means it is only a matter of time before thieves or vandals hit your car/wallet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea the cop said good thing you had tint if would have looked worst {good thing he didnt notice it was illegal}
but yea it sucks i am living with my grandparents in pa right now and my gram has always wanted a nice Cadillac but would never park it on the street i told her yesterday now we should get a garage so she can get her Cadillac and i can protect my car so i guess the so called scion security system is only good for unlocking doors i wish i had know that :( looks like im putting mods on hold and save up for a nice viper system good thing best buy installs them for free

·
Registered
74 Posts
Man that sucks. You ever wonder if living in a bad neighborhood is better???? Seems people always go outside their home area to steal stuff!!! Of course if you have the nicest car in the worst neighborhood you will draw attention to yourself. And bullets have no names on them nor do they care what area you live in!

As I am adding Mods I starting to second guess what I have done so far. Not only can they get stolen but heaven forbid I get into an accident all of the work and $ spent so far will be wasted. I am not sure that insurance would cover after market stuff in either case!

·
Registered
15 Posts
did you have the scion security system installed? it was supposed to go off because it does have the glass breakage sensor on there. for the record, it may be to late to let you know this if you have the scion security system, but the alarm sensitivity is set to 5 out of 11 settings. i think 5 is just not that sensitive at all. you can remove the center part of the under-dash, right under the shifter, and that's where you can set the sensitivity. i have mine set to 8.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it said scion security on the invoice my key has the lock unlock and panic is this like every one else? yea i know what you mean my insurance agent said if it not detachable they will cover it {indash radio} if if detachable in my case gps and sat radio it under home owner insurance. yeah i hope i do have a real alarm and i will changing the setting if possible could someone post a pic and a shot diy i can never take that cover off i tried yesterday because glass got down there but it wasn't working out. yea i know what you mean tica i work in a bad area and the cops look me up and down thinking because im so young im a drug dealer and the city i live in is kinda small so there's only 3 scion xb's so we stick out everywhere. I think the most nerve racking part of talking to the insurance claim people what type of car it is they kept saying zion and saying there's nothing in our records of that car :rofl:.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
This is why I am glad I have a garage. And if I go anywhere questionable I take off the mount, unplug the cable, and wipe off the suction cup mark. Just that mark will let them know you have one. Plus my GPS has a security program in it and if its stolen they are SOL as they won't be able to use it anymore. I am surprised they stole your radio. I wouldn't think the Scion factory radios are very sought after.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I too only have what came with the initial purchase.....a key with auto lock and unlock and a panic button.....so I am assuming that this is not an alarm????? I may be moving to LA soon....so I guess I should get this alarm thing resolved before then. I am currently in Miami but I have a garage in my building that I park inside of so I am more confident of the security of my xB on the overnights for now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea they couldn't get my gps power cord it was ran under my dash same with my sat radio they took it off the mount and the aux cord that came with my car and the power cord to my sat radio i just installed it earlier this week and didnt even scribe to xm yet but my gps was my baby it was the sony nauv nvu94t it had bluetooth it was sweet {tear}

·
Registered
15 Posts
You'll know if you have the Scion Security System because it costs about $600 extra, you should see it on your invoice. If you're unaware of that, just look towards the right side of your gearstick, there should be a rectangular square there. If you have the Scion Security System, you should have the panel indicator there, it would have a flashing red LED (when it's armed), there should be a microphone, which is the glass breakage sensor, and at the botton of the indicator, it should say "SECURITY." If you don't have Scion Security, it should just be a blank.

·
Registered
74 Posts
jay said:
You'll know if you have the Scion Security System because it costs about $600 extra, you should see it on your invoice. If you're unaware of that, just look towards the right side of your gearstick, there should be a rectangular square there. If you have the Scion Security System, you should have the panel indicator there, it would have a flashing red LED (when it's armed), there should be a microphone, which is the glass breakage sensor, and at the botton of the indicator, it should say "SECURITY." If you don't have Scion Security, it should just be a blank.
Thank you for the info. Yup mine is blank......so getting an alarm in now on my to-do list....

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
Here's the flip side to your story...

Last week I was in Bar Harbor, Maine...big tourist town. I parked for about five hours on a side street a couple of blocks from the main drag, next to a church. Came back late in the day and as I walked up to the xB thought that the driver's side window had been busted out. Turned out that although I had locked the car, I left the driver's side window open (duh).

I was sure that everything would be gone, but NOTHING was touched. GPS in the glove box, cell phone in the center console, Sirius, GPS mount and cell phone charger in a side pocket, even the EZ Pass stuck to the windshield...all still there. I was astonished.

Thank you Jesus.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.