Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just got my k&n panel filter yesterday and when i put it in i noticed there is like another filter in the lid of the stock airbox? does anyone know what this is and how to remove it seems like it would just defeat the purpose of the k&n. i tried prying it out but it wouldn't budge do you have to break it to get it out? and if you take it out will it hurt anything? (ie check engine lights, ect.) thanks in advance!

·
Registered
294 Posts
That "other" filter in there is to catch vapors after you shut the engine off. I removed mine with vise grips.I also did a few other mods to the air inlet .I get 31 mpg now with the few mods I have done to my car.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What other mods did you do?

·
Registered
240 Posts
myleshouston said:
Hey guys i just got my k&n panel filter yesterday and when i put it in i noticed there is like another filter in the lid of the stock airbox? does anyone know what this is and how to remove it seems like it would just defeat the purpose of the k&n. i tried prying it out but it wouldn't budge do you have to break it to get it out? and if you take it out will it hurt anything? (ie check engine lights, ect.) thanks in advance!
I do have that K & N panel filter my xB2, but did not notice this second filter you are talking about. I did notice the extra responsiveness of my car, after replacing my OEM air filter with K & N. :yes:

·
Registered
294 Posts
myleshouston said:
What other mods did you do?
Drop in K&N removed the silencer on the inlet. Snorkle removed and shortened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.