Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my first XB!!! 2011 with stock head unit. I was very happy to see that it has Sub out puts!!! woohoo. I installed the alpine amp and type r's i had in my ranger. Ran my power and ground and remote turn on lead. having problems with volume to sub, i get a lilttle sub action at a low volume but when i turn it up i lose sound. I hooked up my ipod directly to amp and cranked it and it sounds AWESOME tons of power. What's the deal? is my headunit puttion out like 50 volts on those pre outs or what.

I need my bass!!!!

· Registered
124 Posts
did you turn your amp on through the radio im not sure about the 2011 but for the 2010 you need to have to turn it on it as it in the manual u can even change the opening screen

· Registered
1,033 Posts
You mentioned turning on the subwoofer option when the car is off.

When the radio is on, did you also adjust the bass and subwoofer level, and subwoofer phase?

To do that on the 2011 base Pioneer head unit:
- turn the head unit on
- press and hold the lower left button (the SSP button) to access the tone controls
- rotate the knob to access: balance/fade -> bass -> treble -> ASL -> subwoofer level/phase
- rock the knob up/down to increase/decrease level
- when at subwoofer level, push the knob in to select Normal or Reverse phase. On my own subwoofer installation, I got more bass in Reverse. I was surprised since I followed +/- speaker polarity pretty carefully, but it has to do with speaker driver placement and when the combined bass sound waves reach your ears.

Every song has a different level of bass, so I'm considering getting an in-line level control to go between my head unit and my subwoofer amp. That way, I'll be able to access the in-line control faster and more convenient than going to the head unit menus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.