Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you able to swap head units between different years?i have 2010 and what to install the 2012 or 2013 model. What needs to be done to make this happen

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nothing really. From my understanding, and anyone chime in if I'm incorrect, but 2010 marked the model year when they changed to usb connections for aux. Because of that, stereos from model years '10 - '12 are interchangeable. Actually, you can use any stereo from any year xB2. Only difference is whether you'd like to keep the USB function. I bought my 2011 used, and it came with the Alpine navi unit from the '08 - '09 and worked perfectly, with the only exception being no USB. First mod I did was sell that unit cheap and buy the stock 2010 - 2011 head unit so I could plug my iPod into my USB. Same harness. Again, only difference is an extra plug in the harness for the aux. Hope this helps. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 2012 and have not been able to locate a remote mic for it. That being said, my headunit will he up for sale soon. I am not a fan of the stock head unit and will replacing it asap with Pioneer 4400. I will look around my box again to see if I can verify but I have not been able to find one nor do I see a mic hole on the unit itself.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine's a Base as well..... No Mic located in the instrument cluster region.... There are three pins sticking through the lens on the instrument cluster, one is set/re-set for the computer settings and select.... the second one is for the odometer re-set and select, the last one is way over on the right and is strictly for setting the clock. No microphone in that region from the factory. If yours has one there, it could be something the dealership added on.....

The factory installed microphone is where I stated in the previous post. Anything else is another animal. Could be different with Sunroof installed or other non-factory items in play.

I cannot find any online pictures of this item, so maybe I can shoot a picture later and show what I am referring to.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have pictures of a 2011 that was in the shop for... what I don't know, but I took out the map-lights and have the picture of both the mic and the panel itself, and dang it if the mic looks proprietary, I wanted to snag one up for my Kenwood, oh well, I can post them later this evening if you want.

·
Registered
104 Posts
sorry for the late reply, been a very busy week

for the Mic itself

and the whole unit, tried to get a pic of the model number

you can see the Mic installed in the bottom of the unit with the 4 wire connection to it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
nope, but I can always take one, as I am at toyota everyonce in a while

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.