Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I'm getting ready to add some c pillar speakers, and was messing around with the stock base head unit. Holding down the SSP button until it beeped, I see that my radio was set to 'tC' from the factory. I switched it to 'xB', and the audio profile changed pretty dramatically.

Not enough to overcome the supremely weak rear door speakers, but every little bit helps.

Just FYI

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
makes me wonder how many are incorrectly set from the dealer...

·
Registered
658 Posts
They are all set to tC and some dealers choose to set them up appropriately during lot prep but most do not. As said, there is a difference with all of them. At the plant we don't power up the unit long enough to program them. They're just powered up to make sure the unit is getting a current.

That said, for all wanting to know how this works please read above or read your owner's manual.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I got the manual out this morning and looked up the the subject on SSP ( page 7). There was no mention on how to change the setting from "tc" to "xB". All it had was the three selections (neutral,hear,feel). I contacted scion via E mail and asked how to change the "vehicle" setting. Waiting for a response. So how do you change the setting? Just curious. Thanks,Dale

·
Registered
658 Posts
I got the manual out this morning and looked up the the subject on SSP ( page 7). There was no mention on how to change the setting from "tc" to "xB". All it had was the three selections (neutral,hear,feel). I contacted scion via E mail and asked how to change the "vehicle" setting. Waiting for a response. So how do you change the setting? Just curious. Thanks,Dale
As mentioned before, holding down the SSP button gets you to the screen. You use the volume control knob to toggle settings. I was under the impression its in the manual but maybe its not. (or maybe the 2011's have it and the prior xB2's do not) Hard to say but that's how its done. If someone from the Scion side of things stops by work I'll mention it. Highly unlikely anytime soon with all the clean up work at the plant in Japan.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Thanks for the reply Tardis. Last night, I got a reply back from Scion(Gina) and first thing she asked was what model did I have that's after my query on how change the setting from tc to xB. I thought that I had asked that. Anyhow, I'll let you know how it turns out.
Dale

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply Tardis. Last night, I got a reply back from Scion(Gina) and first thing she asked was what model did I have that's after my query on how change the setting from tc to xB. I thought that I had asked that. Anyhow, I'll let you know how it turns out.
Dale
yep, just hold down the button until it beeps.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I did what you all said to do and it was quite simple. thanks for the help.I'm still waiting for a response from Scion. It really helps when one knows where to go for the right answers, this forum!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Reply update. I just got a reply from Gina at Scion. She said that the option to the "settings" was not available in the 09 model. I replied with the proceedure you explained to me. Just shows how much information this forum has that not even the rep's know about. Just another example of what happens when people get together to help each other out on this great forum. I love seeing all members thoughts and comments every day.

·
Registered
658 Posts
As someone who works in the inter-workings of Toyota I can say not ever one of my coworkers knows what the product is and really cares for that matter. Forums will always be more useful as the only people there are people who are invested in their vehicles. Glad to be of help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.