Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so some of you may realize that I am getting ready to replace my rear door speakers. I got tired of not being able to hear the speakers in the rear since the front drown them out. I got a set up that I think will help in hearing the sound from the rear a bit better and will post up about it when I do so. However during experimentation with the settings I found something that works pretty well. I am the type of person that likes my stereo set at 0 balance and 0 fade. However this time around I found that setting my fade to R5(level 5 towards the rear) that I could hear the sound from the back quite well and made for a much more dynamic sound in my music. So give it a try and see what you think. This may change with my new speakers but its a good setting for factory speakers.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Thanks.

I'll try that, when the kids aren't along for the ride. That would be too loud for them.
I have been suspicious that the rear "0" fade setting was a compromise for the rear passengers, rather than the front seats.
I am still getting used to the controls, as mainly I use the iPod (which gets MUCH easier to control with experience of the correct "feel") and volume controls with SOME radio and CD controls.

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
I've always preferred a little bias towards the rear speakers in just about every vehicle I've owned (except perhaps the '46 Studebaker pickup). I think the xB is set to R3, but I'm still playing with it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
eviljack said:
Ok so some of you may realize that I am getting ready to replace my rear door speakers. I got tired of not being able to hear the speakers in the rear since the front drown them out. I got a set up that I think will help in hearing the sound from the rear a bit better and will post up about it when I do so. However during experimentation with the settings I found something that works pretty well. I am the type of person that likes my stereo set at 0 balance and 0 fade. However this time around I found that setting my fade to R5(level 5 towards the rear) that I could hear the sound from the back quite well and made for a much more dynamic sound in my music. So give it a try and see what you think. This may change with my new speakers but its a good setting for factory speakers.
i have mine on R4 or R5 with it set to 'feel' :yes:

the nice thing is, you can set the equalizer for all selections: ie: iPod, AM, FM1, FM2 etc. indivdually...

when in each mode, open audio controls and set each to obtain best quality ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.