Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I just bought a 2015 xB, silver. Can't afford new wheels right now - so I plan on spraying the original steel wheels gloss black with chrome lugs and a chrome center cap. I believe the lugs are M12 x 1.5mm.
Where can I find wheel center caps? Thanks.

· Registered
846 Posts
If you look at my profile pic., you'll see my wheel treatments. The lugs are from Doorman p/n 611-133 but they rust quite quickly if you don't keep them polished. The centers are off a boat trailer center caps and have to be chrome plated. If I can, i'll find the p/n's for them. The co. I used to plate them is in New England but is not cheap.

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi GTOKID, yes, the lug nuts are M12 x 1.5 size.

If you keep the stock 16" tire size to retain ride quality, then going to alloy wheels might be a smaller price jump than you think. It's likely you will spend between $120-$150 for new center caps. On the other hand, you can get alloy wheels starting at $87 per wheel at Discount Tire Direct:
Wheel Products - Discount Tire Direct
I got my Drag 34 wheels there for $110 per wheel. Sometimes they run promotions where you get $50 off per a set of 4 wheels, and $30 off if you open a charge account (I did both). IIRC the price includes hub centering rings. I bought my alloy wheels and sold my OEM steel wheels after 1 week of ownership (this cuts the price difference even further) and remounted the OEM tires (I ran them for 2 years then got Yokohama S Drive tires, slightly wider at 225/50R-16).

BTW Discount Tire Direct has a neat tool to see your prospective wheels on your car, to help you decide which wheel to get.

On Amazon you can get McGard wheel locks
Amazon.com: McGard 24157 Chrome Cone Seat Wheel Locks (M12 x 1.5 Thread Size) - Set of 4: Automotive
and chrome lug nuts
Amazon.com: AccuWheel LNA-12150C5 Chrome Bulge Acorn Wheel Lug Nuts (12mm x 1.5 Thread Size) 1.4" Tall - Pack of 20 Lugnuts: Automotive
for very reasonable prices (I assume you want chrome lug nuts anyway).

Have fun with your car!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.