Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a little rattle in big bumps from the jack. Now it fits in there well, so it takes a solid bump to rattle it, but it was just loose in there. I looked and saw there was like a hook on each side that looks like it's meant for some kind of tie or bungee or something. I thought I could easily find what it is in a quick Google image search but unbelievably there are no photos of the jack on our cars out there.

I did finally find the black elastic band (like a big rubber band) and put it back in place, but it had been off for quite a while now! I must have taken it off because it annoyingly gets in the way of putting the jack back in. For good measure I put in a bunch of felt bumper things where I found the jack contacts the plastic so there is even less chance of rattle. So now I'm posting pictures of the jack, which may be the only pictures on the web! lol

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Man, I found this noise quite quickly on my xbox, and I kept saying to myself, this has to be it. I actually took a microfiber towel and wrapped it up well enough to sit back in place and still have the band in place. That noise has since vanished. I would agree on the pictures...lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.