Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the online tire shops where you can pull up a picture of your vehicle and see what it would look like with different wheels.

Has anyone seen something like that from a graphics shop website? I'm thinking about getting a stripe over the top. I just can't visualize it though with the different widths, combinations, and colors. I've tried to google picts of stripes on xB's, but had limited success.

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Has anyone seen something like that from a graphics shop website?
I have not seen anything like that. I've taken a side view of an xB in my color from an online tire/wheel shop, then overlaid one-color graphics to see how certain vinyl patterns might look on the side. But not on the top, and certainly not from a 3/4 viewpoint.

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a good print shop should be able to do this for you. My vinyl guys does that for me before every application I do.
Thanks Phobic...now I have to find a good print shop.

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I went to a local shop. Without knowing exactly what I want, they said about $150 for a 4 or 6 inch with 1/4 inch stripe on each side. That was much cheaper than I expected. They can set me up with a photoshop preview, but it's an extra $65 for an hour with their graphic artist. I found a friend who offered to do it for free.

I think I'm leaning toward an offset stripe on the driver's side. Probably in a gunmetal. Don't know the size/combination of stripes yet until I check out some previews.

· Registered
1,033 Posts

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link BP. I definitely do not want to put the stripes on myself though. It is worth the extra money to have someone experienced put them on straight. They would wiggle all over the place if I tried to do it. :D

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
It's not that hard. I did my offset stripe myself.

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You did a good job with yours TJ. Want to drive up to Chicago to do mine? I'll even feed you and provide beer.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
What about gas to get there and back?
It's only 750 miles/12 hours each way.

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But think of the quality time you could spend with your B. You would have 12 hours of quiet time together travelling the highways and byways of the good old US of A. You just can't put a price on that.

Maybe I could even find a piece of our family tartan somewhere to donate to your ride.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Pay me the gas cost and I'll seriously consider it!
I have some vacation time due and so forth, but not enough excess funds to make it in the near term.

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the offer, but I think it would be cheaper to pay the graphics shop. :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.