Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Thats awsome. Nothing like a nice header. Interestingly enough, they make headers for my car, but its been proven that they don't do anything worth while to the performance of the car. At least not a NA car, super'ed or turbo'ed is a different story.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hey, I'm planning on ordering the Strup Header for the '08 xB this weekend. So far the best price I've found is about $390 after shipping. Anyone have a hookup, or know where I might be able to find one cheap? I was gonna go for the WR header, but the Strup just looks so much cleaner and well-polished. Of course price is a factor, so if I find out how much that WR header is gonna cost it may steer me in the other direction...

Part # is T41103

·
Registered
266 Posts
From what I read, 8-10hp, but I don't know if that's on a stock exhaust or it adds 8-10 if you already have an aftermarket exhaust... anyone else know the answer to that question?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Regardless of the HP gains, its still gonna open up some power in the engine. Thats something alot of people don't realize. Sometimes an engine might lack a bit in mid-range power. The Jetta was a good example of this. Its was torquey on the take off, but seemed to bog down from 2k-3.5k then just take off and run like a wild dog. Nice cat back helped this. CAI adds a bit of horse power. On the jetta it did more then that. The OEM airbox was find at idle and slow driving but higher speed on interstae the car was starving for air because the box couldn't refill quick enough to keep up. However on a VR6 Jetta that is NA a header doesn nothing, except for the sound. On a supercharged VR6 thouhg its very very important to have one.

Does this rambling make sense?

G

·
0 Posts
yes, Id like to have 200 hp but I cant think of what to add after the intake, header and exahust besides the more expensive parts like turbos, nos, supercharger and such. I seem to be about 10hp short :(.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Ross said:
get a chip! :rofl:
Hey don't laugh about the chip. My Jetta had one. However until there is a reputable company making a reflash I won't buy. Only problem is I don't know who the good companies are. The whole JDM thing is new for me. I am from the Euro side.

·
Registered
204 Posts
nobody has a chip for the scion, cuz the scion computer is almost impossible to hack. only thing they say that can be done is to use the unichip computer and dial in.. hopeful not to get a check engine light. for like $1000 id rather not take that chance cuz you have to buy the set up and hope it works without a possibility of refund or return

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Then it looks like my xB will remain chipless. I only want high quality, guaranted parts. If its not a project car I don't mess with maybe's. Well its always a project car, but I meet dedicated, non-daily driven, project car. :rofl:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Alright I still haven't bought my header since I've been waiting to see the difference between the strup and weapon-r headers. Since WR still hasn't released theirs, I think I'm just gonna go ahead and get the strup. My question is what is the difference between the ceramic and stainless steel strup header? I've found them both for the same cost.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yo ross hold the phone. I just bought a Strup header. I bought it from www.wesellcarpart.com. The guy is on Scikotics and if your a member he will hook you up. I got mine for $340 shipped. If you live in PA you have to pay sells tax if you have a non-PA address you don't have to pay tax. Also the difference is that the coated keeps the heat in better. So if your worred about too much heat under the hood go coated. Or if your planning on racing, keeping the heat in the header is a good thing. The stainless is very very shiny, but it goes from silver to copper color after you run it for a bit. Also one little note. The header comes with a cel eliminator. I miss understood the directions and put it on the header. Don't do that. Put the cell eliminator on the second oxy sensor. I have yet to fix this mistake but it will keep you from having your engine light come on. So far I love it. I can tell a slight difference, but that will be increased when I add the intake and exhaust. Then it will make a bigger difference.

Oh and the install was so freakin simple. Took like 45min's.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks for the info, eviljack! I am a delaware resident so tax-free wohoo, and you know i'm a Scikotic. I'm more for show than I am for go, so the stainless might be for me. But then again, I guess I should consider the ceramic foated for its obvious benefits. I'll probably go with whatever peer pressure tells me to do. Anyway, that $600 bonus check from uncle sam should be here this coming month, and I may have to wait for that to come before I get this mod. I just ordered my sirius tuner & fit kit and grille the other day so I'm running a little low on ruples. I'll definitely go through you though since that's a savings of $50 over what I've found so far.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yo ross I did find out one thing. The Cel eliminator from strup doesn't work so well. You will need to get the Weapon-r cel eliminator. However there is also a dicount on that as well if your a scikotics member. You just have to call direct to weapon-r, talk to chris and let him know your a member. Its runs about $40 before the discount. That kinda sucks but from what I hear its definatly worth it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just added a mod i had sitting for almost a year.. it was made by charlie after sema and before it was ready for sale.. He was trying to make the Photoshoot for siphon of my car but it came the day after the photoshoot..

Going with a diff look... it was polished stainless but it gets all ugly anyways after it heats up so i wrapped it with header wrap to keep the eng bay cooler..

took me about 30 min to install this! and yes you need the weapon r cell eliminator so the light dont come on..

and it you have to remove the center pipe to put the cell eliminator on..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts