1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm all about deals but that just seems too low which makes me concerned about the actual performance gains. Basically, if you want the look, go for it. If you want true handling gains, I'd be surprised if the research and design is there at that price point.

One thing to consider. The strut towers are so close to the firewall that a strut brace, as cool as it may look, has no real function. Sway bars are another story. They still are very affective.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I had looked at this too. It is my understanding that the strut brace is to provide a RIGID link between the strut towers. The eBay brace has a bolt at each end which I think (no matter how tight the bolt is) would act like a hinge under the stresses of cornering.

If Tardis is correct and a strut brace on our xB would only be for looks, then it wouldn't matter. If it does provide structural support, then I would find a rigid one. I think there is a previous discussion about this. Search the forums for more info.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I guess I'll reword my original statement. I'm sure a rigid strut brace will at some level of stiffness to the lateral flex, I just don't think there's any way it could be enough to allow someone to notice to the point they feel the need to spend the money.

If you really want one Tenabe makes one that looks identical to the TRD for much cheaper.

·
Registered
80 Posts
idk i ended up getting it. i really didnt notice to much of a change other than my cornering feeling a little tighter. but it really does look nice

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Get the eBay one it's nice and YES it makes a difference. I actually own it and am pleased with the results. The steering is more responsive, the front is more planted, and yes it also looks good. Also, the hinges tighten up nicely and it's quite rigid when installed.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad there are few good things said about it, because I already bought it! haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.