Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do my first car audio setup and need some advice. im looking to do 2 shallow 10's under the front seats and im gonna put the amp under the back seat. any input on what kinds i should get is appreciated. i dont want to spend way too much, but also dont want to get anything thats gonna sound terrible. i can install and all that, just need advice on what to actually get. i am considering adding a box in the back later on with a quick disconnect so i can have my space if i need it. but im trying to keep these stealth. thank you :)

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
747 Posts
sonicelectronix.com is where I get alot of stuff cheap and good stuff at that.

dont get shallow woofers as they typically sacrifice sound for shallow.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm looking to do my first car audio setup and need some advice. im looking to do 2 shallow 10's under the front seats and im gonna put the amp under the back seat. any input on what kinds i should get is appreciated...im trying to keep these stealth. :)

Stealth is one reason why I decided to do a 8" sub under my passenger seat. If you do put subs under the front seats, be aware of the following:
  • on both sides, there are heater floor outlets under the front seats. You should decide if you are willing to block those outlets in order to get more volume for your sub boxes.
  • under the front passenger seat is a computer that detects if the front passenger seat is occupied, in order to activate the airbag. It hangs down from the seat crossmember. You will likely have to relocate that computer above the seat crossmember to get the necessary clearance for your box (not that hard to do, just wanted to mention it).
  • under the drivers seat is a yaw sensor that is bolted to the floor crossmember, not sure if you want to mess with that too much.
  • for both front seats, it is possible to "spill" outwards to gain more volume for your sub boxes: forwards above the floor crossmember, outwards under the seat support rails, and rearwards subtracting toe space from the rear passengers. Doing so makes the boxes more complicated to construct but the volume may be needed esp. with 10" subs.
You can check out my website (linked in my signature below) on how I did my 8" sub under the front passenger seat. I know others have done 8" subs and at least one did a 10" sub under the front passenger seat. I've not found someone who has added a sub under the driver's seat tho. Try a Google search and also look on the various forums.

You may also want to consider the Bazooka 8" amplified sub box made specifically for our cars, it fits in the right rear cargo area and is good bang for the buck, about $185. It is fairly stealth also (but not as much as under the front seats of course).

Good luck with your project! Post pics when you're done!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea brick. I love reading your writeups on everything you post. I've looked at the sensors underneath a bit and realized they'll have to move. I might just do the passenger side for now and then think about what I wanna do from there.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you have quite a lot of money, the OEM Audio seems to be a good and easy option for the underseat subs setup. OEM Audio xB

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't exactly have a lot of money. That's the issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.