Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone looked at the site from Bazooka lately? The price has come down (a lot!). If you are interested please go to their site.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you installed your sub, how long did it take and did you find any problems along the way?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
I think it sounds good and compliments the stock speaker set up. It's designed as a "plug-and-play" set-up. The wires plug into the stock ones, well specifically they go/plug between the stock square plug and headunit, with all connections remaining intact.
The "hard part" is mounting it on the side, which entails removing much of the back to get access and running the wire down the right-side inner door sill trim.

Sounds worse than is, as only takes a few hours total.

The bass is enough to be too-much for me. There is a switch on the back for some adjustment as to it's timing (phasing, I think is the correct term). The volume/bass level control is next to the bottom hole. I tend to only run it at 1/4 level, which is enough to annoy my wife when she sits in the back (next to the youngest) right in front of the unit.

Plus, it looks pretty well integrated once installed!

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
it's a pretty easy install, one of the first mods I attempted on my own and I've moved the same sub to 2 more b's since then.

the sound satisfies my listening style rather well. there are certain songs that the bass just comes pouring thru. the only other changes ive made were upgrades to front door speakers and tweeters and Pioneer head unit.

one potential drawback, because of the simplistic connection you lose the ability to fine tune the sub thru your head unit.

sound + space saved + ease of instalation + price = WIN

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've noticed on the harness that are two wires (one red-one blue)for the remote hookup(option 1-option 2).The procedure sheets don't mention anything about it(page 13)
when reconnecting the radio. My question is-which one does what?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Once I find out which wire to use(opt 1,opt 2), I might put a switch on it and mount it in the blank spot in the shift console. That way I can decide if I want the sub on all the time.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I finished installing the sub today. The 2hr. estimate took 4.5 hrs.There were several points that I found either confusing or omitted. The dis-assembly took much longer because I couldn't get the rear seat cushion out. Before I pulled my back out, I took the B over to a friend of mine who has a body& fender shop. He brought out a really long pry bar, and had the seat out in less than 5 mins.Another point was the grounding point(a stud on the rear light lens), I mounted it on a flange near the wheel well with a hole already there. The question of which wire was answered with a volt meter. Both wires have 12 volts on them, so I chose the blue one.It works just fine.The directions mention reassembly of the center console,but was never talked about in the dis-assembly section and quite frankly I did not see any reason to take it apart in the first place. The wires connected to the radio were quite long enough to handle and reconnect. Anyhow,the sub looks & sounds great and I'm glad I got it.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Awesome dale.
Thanks for the info and happy it worked out for you

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Good it worked out!

I don't remember how long my install took, so didn't post one. I do remember messing with several other things -in-the-process- . . .
The sound is more than one would expect by looking at it. It isn't a custom box with massive speakers, but also takes up very little effective room (room used isn't that important where it sits) and has a decent sound to upgrade the factory audio system at relatively low effort. It's one of those things that makes you wonder why it wasn't built that way in the first place.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a question......I always see that the sub enclosure goes on the right fender well. Do you think it will be a problem to purchase two of them. One for the right and one for the left. I am not near my car right now so I really do not remember if I will run into any problems.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
The shape won't work on the Bazooka one. The sides aren't even mirrored, but totally different shapes.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hope you like the sub. One thing that I did was to wrap the wires with electrical tape as they go towards the rear. I don't like having unprotected wires running through the B. It's just one of my quirks. a second item that you might want to do is have all the tools out and ready. The bolts that hold the passenger rear seat back in are really tight and need a 3/8 ths drive ratchet and socket to remove them.The other thing is the rear cushion seat can be a little tough to get out. My friend pulled up the end to see the attachment and used a large pry bar to release it. When you reattach the battery, you have to redo all the radio settings( sound processing,station presets,tone adj's. and clock).This install takes some time,but I think it's worth it in the end. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I have a question......I always see that the sub enclosure goes on the right fender well. Do you think it will be a problem to purchase two of them. One for the right and one for the left. I am not near my car right now so I really do not remember if I will run into any problems.
As TJ said, it would not work. Not only are they not the same shape on each side but if you bought two the one you plan on putting on the left would be completely the wrong direction, it would be closer fitting if it was turned inside out lol

what is the box made from? Fiberglass with mdf front?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.