Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
457 Posts
Had a single 12" Stereo Integrity BM mounted in a custom enclosure in the rear hatch door.

Here was all the equipment from that system. A pair of Audio Control EQTs for processing, Xtant amps, 6-ch for the front and mono for the sub, pair of Aura Sound 1/2" tweets, eight 2" full range drivers for the a-pillars, and a pair of Dayton 8" mid-bass for the doors

And here was the sub in the hatch.

Oh and the equipment mounted under the floor of the hatch.

· Registered
457 Posts
This is/was pretty. Don't know how it sounds, but can see it doesn't offer much protection from cargo impacts.
But, it SURE is pretty!
It actually wasn't affected too much by cargo as at the time i had an Odyssey minivan as well. If I was carrying stuff it went in there. Sound wise it was very clean and had a nice thump to it, not loud but I don't need loud any more just clean and precise. I did deaden the the hatch intensively and actually had 1/2" closed cell foam between it and the rear skin.

· Registered
457 Posts
Oh and Greg, I never got a chance to say but dude I see your xB posted everywhere on here and ClubxB and gotta give you mad props for all the work you've done, you and DJMoonBass have been my main inspirations for the work I've been doing on my B. Since I seen you do your headliner and door panels, I got a quick off topic question real quick: Would suede be a good candidate to cover the headliner in and what kind of glue did you use?
Thanks Garry. I have to say that Justin has far outpassed me in LED work, his set-up is intense to say the least. As for using suede it works fine. The xB headliner is actually not hard to cover especially compaired to a tC. I've just used 3M 90 spray on suede and it has worked fine, just have to let it tack up properly before laying the suede.

· Registered
457 Posts
So how long does the spray usually take to tack? I've only used heavy duty spray adhesive doing carpet in my old Camaro, and even then it was "spray heavily, work quickly", I would think the proper way of using it is different because the ends started coming up in the summer.
With the 90 I usually let it tack for about 45-60 seconds and then start putting it together. Key is working in small to medium areas so that you can keep everything moving along without having it dry out too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.