Scion XB Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
457 Posts
Oh and Greg, I never got a chance to say but dude I see your xB posted everywhere on here and ClubxB and gotta give you mad props for all the work you've done, you and DJMoonBass have been my main inspirations for the work I've been doing on my B. Since I seen you do your headliner and door panels, I got a quick off topic question real quick: Would suede be a good candidate to cover the headliner in and what kind of glue did you use?
Thanks Garry. I have to say that Justin has far outpassed me in LED work, his set-up is intense to say the least. As for using suede it works fine. The xB headliner is actually not hard to cover especially compaired to a tC. I've just used 3M 90 spray on suede and it has worked fine, just have to let it tack up properly before laying the suede.

· Registered
149 Posts
Thanks Garry. I have to say that Justin has far outpassed me in LED work, his set-up is intense to say the least. As for using suede it works fine. The xB headliner is actually not hard to cover especially compaired to a tC. I've just used 3M 90 spray on suede and it has worked fine, just have to let it tack up properly before laying the suede.
So how long does the spray usually take to tack? I've only used heavy duty spray adhesive doing carpet in my old Camaro, and even then it was "spray heavily, work quickly", I would think the proper way of using it is different because the ends started coming up in the summer. And yeah dude, thats for sure, he's always gotta be the guy that 1-ups everyone before they even think about doing something lol. I got some LEDs in my car, but I'm just kinda picky on how things work and look. Right now I got blue strips in all the foot wells mounted to a switch in the blank next to the shifter, about to wire up 2 white eagle eye pods both under the hood to a switch and in the cargo area to the existing light, and I'm rewiring my white underbody puddle lights that I had wired to the dome, but hated the way I did it (just plain stupid and hazerdous and ugly) so I'm redoing that as well. Next comes the fog machine hahahaha!

· Registered
149 Posts
Funny youve mentioned. Actually tried go do such foe halloween trunk or treat. Needed a more powerful converter. But is a summer plan of mine. Along with other show stopperness.
Lol it was actually an inside joke about Justin. He's got an all out club in his car with like a professional laser machine, a fog machine and a number of LEDs that nears the population of China lol. Maybe look him up and ask what he did? I don't think he ever did a DIY for some of his more outlandish stuff but the dudes car is insane to say the least.

· Registered
661 Posts
Lol it was actually an inside joke about Justin. He's got an all out club in his car with like a professional laser machine, a fog machine and a number of LEDs that nears the population of China lol. Maybe look him up and ask what he did? I don't think he ever did a DIY for some of his more outlandish stuff but the dudes car is insane to say the least.
Yeh he hasnt posted muxh on here in a while. Im sure he's done alot since.

· Registered
149 Posts
I'm sure he'll pop back up sooner or later, they always do.

· Registered
457 Posts
So how long does the spray usually take to tack? I've only used heavy duty spray adhesive doing carpet in my old Camaro, and even then it was "spray heavily, work quickly", I would think the proper way of using it is different because the ends started coming up in the summer.
With the 90 I usually let it tack for about 45-60 seconds and then start putting it together. Key is working in small to medium areas so that you can keep everything moving along without having it dry out too much.

· Registered
254 Posts
Sorry its messy back there, but this Kicker is PLENTY. I def recommend getting an amp with a control knob for the dash - it makes quick adjustments easy (and passengers LOVE playing with it).

Attachments

· Registered
254 Posts
single 12 how much power
I'm not totally sure, my buddy helped me get this set-up years ago. All I really know is that my amp is a Boss 600rms Mono D. I hope this helps!

· Registered
164 Posts
If you wanna get stupid loud and don't really have a budget you could probably fit at least 4 12s back there. Scrap the spare tire, drop one in there, then build a box to hold the other 3 one centered between the back seats and the other two angled against the left and right corners there. Bolt your amps above the speaker box to the back seat.

Bam, stupid loud.

Personally I don't like subs in the trunk, they take up too much space and I use my hatch for things. I have an amp back there but it just runs all of my interior speakers. I have thought about hiding a sub under a seat but don't get to listen to music as much anymore so what I have works well. Coolest set up I have seen was an 89 MR2 that had a giant amp behind the driver and a 12 stuck behind the passenger seat. No Idea how they fit it back there.

· Registered
164 Posts
Just an idea, I think it would make a cool concept though.

I found this pic on google to show an angle.
http://www.lightav.com/car/boxes/bassforms/scion6.jpg

Something like this but build the boxes farther back into the corners and a little more flush, put one in the center and you would basically have one giant box or fiberglass piece holding in the top 3, they may have to be shallow to save space.

To fit the fourth you would have to build brackets to hold it in place and some sort of box or frame to make it look pretty, there should be plenty of space with the rear tire removed to drop a full sub in the hole though. It probably wouldn't be a project for a daily driver but it would still be pretty sweet and in theory wouldn't affect visibility like some people who build walls of subs into show cars. With the angles of the speakers there would probably be plenty of empty space between them to run any extra wiring or batteries for the power output.

Edit: If anyone is actually interested in trying this I could probably photoshop a concept together.

· Registered
29 Posts
Just ordered the JL Stealthbox.. won't be stupid loud boomin' but I'll post pics when she's in! I'm stoked for better sound without compromising space. I do have a pug, after all.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.