Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would I install a subwoofer in my '09 xB with the base radio in it. What adapters would I need and where would I put them? I've installed a sub and amp before with two of my friends, but it was on an aftermarket head unit that had a place for a sub already. I'd like to keep my stock HU if at all possible for now (upgrading later is always an option!), because I like how it matches everything else, doesn't have a bunch of confusing menus, and doesn't attract thieves. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well... I've been reading about line out converters, RCA inputs, and aftermarket head units all night, and have decided it's a better idea to go with an aftermarket head unit before I install a sub. :confused: It'll take longer to get what I want out of my sound system, but it'll be worth it.

Your thoughts are still welcome - I'm always game for talking about Scions lol.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
I will be offering my stock Alpine head unit up for sale as soon as i get my avic D3 unit installed. For bass, I went with the bazooka box that was made for our xBs. i love how it takes up next to no space, doesnt need an amp and greatly improves the factory sound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.