Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at the 2008 xb accessories and in the back of the booklet they have subwoofer listed as also available for xb... has anyone seen this and know more information such as pricing, installation and so on... thanks

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah Im tossing up between the pioneer slimline 8" subs for under mu seat or 12" for in the back, might see if I can find a way to put a 12" under the back seat :confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
To anyone who can help!

I just order a Rumion subwoofer+ panel from Carson Toyota. (Rumion is the Japan version of XB, so it is a factory subwoofer)
I need the cargo space to transfer my dog (Great Dan);therefore, I cannot had a subwoofer box
First I though it is very easy to do, but now Cesar from Carson Toyota, inform me that I had to run
a wire/an adapters. Help!!! Does anyone do the same setup? Help!!!

Cesar also suggest me to get an amp for the subwoofer! Is Focal 5 channel amp a good choice?

Thank you for your help and suggestion.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i read somewhere on some site dont know which 1 the wires are already there i know the dealer tried to sell my friend a fog lite wiring kit for the front but its already there also watch those dealers!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
wansuie said:
To anyone who can help!

I just order a Rumion subwoofer+ panel from Carson Toyota. (Rumion is the Japan version of XB, so it is a factory subwoofer)
I need the cargo space to transfer my dog (Great Dan);therefore, I cannot had a subwoofer box
First I though it is very easy to do, but now Cesar from Carson Toyota, inform me that I had to run
a wire/an adapters. Help!!! Does anyone do the same setup? Help!!!

Cesar also suggest me to get an amp for the subwoofer! Is Focal 5 channel amp a good choice?

Thank you for your help and suggestion.

Let us know how it sounds when you get it installed. I carry a lot of tools and need the space as well. If it sounds good I'll be buying one too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Rumion subwoofer finally arrival this week( after I month). It was a BIG disappointment. It was a paper cone speaker.
I feel like an JXXXXXS. :mad: I end up order the 10" subwoofer enclosure from ebay.

·
Registered
286 Posts
wansuie said:
The Rumion subwoofer finally arrival this week( after I month). It was a BIG disappointment. It was a paper cone speaker.
I feel like an JXXXXXS. :mad: I end up order the 10" subwoofer enclosure from ebay.
How does the stock sub sound man? Just use it til' it pops then replace the speaker with a high end one, but of course sub enclosures always make it sound way better

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dear Jri91789/ Dear Bamajama:

A) The speaker itself is a 2 way self power unit, it come with a small amp.

B) It does not come with the wiring, I call me friend at Tokyo, he went to the Toyota factory to look for it. It cost $400.00 for the wiring!!! Here in U.S., the labor cost to wiring the speaker is almost the some to a an amp.

C) In U.S., we are driving on the left side, in Japan , people are diving on the right side. Therefore, the unit will sound better
in Japan then U.S. The installer help me to text it, and it sound like the Front speaker. I guess the speaker for the C-pillar will
help to make up the sound on the rear. (the Rumion itself come equited with 9 speaker, The XB only come with 6!)

So, It is better to add a sub + amp in U.S., and it will cost less then buying the factory rear speaker unit($540.00)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Frankly, with all the alternate provers out there, I'm not sure why anyone would go with an OEM solution for something like audio. Sure, for the radio and even the nav it makes sense, but just pricing out the Scion branded solutions I'm finding that everything you can get is available for less with more features, higher quality, and nicer aesthetics. Sure, it might be a little more difficult to install and fabricate, but for this example I'm sure even Becker Automotive could put something in for me for less and more well integrated.

ICE has just come too far to trust a company like Toyota to be an expert.

Michael

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm thinking bazooka tube in the rear.LOL !

1 - 20 of 43 Posts