Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Webasto Hollandia 524 in my 2008 xB.
But, i have no idea how much it was to install, since I bought the car with it already installed.

I haven't driven extensively in it yet, so I can't tell you definitively how good it is yet.
But, that being said, I love my panoramic sunroof.

There is some slight wind noise when I'm driving faster than 75mph, but it is minor, and a small sacrifice considering the HUGE sunroof area. Otherwise it hasn't rained yet, so I don't know if it leaks. I'll find out soon, because the forecast calls for rain this weekend. I'll let you know.

All in all, depending on the quality/skill of the installer; Webasto seems to make a top notch product.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree, it would make the XB2 perfect if there is a Sunroof. If I do ended up move to the West Coast, I will install one for sure. Webasto is the brand to go and don't do the cheap stuffs.

I do have one concern, people were saying if it doesn't come with the factory, don't do it, first, leaking issue after couple of years. Second, safety issue.

Anyone has any thoughts?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Joe_13 said:
Spent the weekend in Santa Cruz and it was a downpour the entire time.
No leaks to speak of.

Here's what it looks like:

I'll get more pics up, once the rain stops
Do you have two moon roofs?!?! Very nice, what that run you is that a Webasto model, if so what model is it (or are they)? Any info would be nice. Looking good ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not sure the brand of my sunroof. I had it installed from the dealer (Gateway Scion in Toms River, NJ) the actual work was done by Auto Accents in Lakewood,NJ. I have 30,000 miles on my 2008 teal XB. No problems at all and never a leak. I love the feature that it closes automatically when I turn the car off. Go for it :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
FWIW I've narrowed my choices down to 2 after market sunroofs: the ASC 925 and the Webastco 524. Both have reliable install records with the 2008+ xb.
I've spoken with several installers that concur. In Northern NJ the ASC 925 unit is $1095 installed and the Webastco 524 is $1295 installed (plus tax.)
The Webastco is panoramic and has alot more glass than the ASC which is a more traditional slider.
I found a reputable installer who has been in business for over 30 years, and feel comfortable about having him cut the roof of my box!
Now I'm just waiting until to till is as the correct level ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.