Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just before ordering my 08 xB I was chasing a neighbor's 08 to ask questions.
Blah, blah, blah.
Her car had a gloriously BIG sunroof! Gotten aftermarket in nearby Portland, Oregon, but looks like it was factory-done. At the time they didn't offer factory sunroofs. That was 4 months ago. Maybe they do now.
Net result, I bought my xB and ordered it with the sunroof (the dealer had arrangements with the independent company for that purpose).
The sunroof it super!
Because of the configuration of the xB roof, they not only were able to design a big sunroof, but it's positioned far enough forward that it's actually useable ... while driving.
Cost? About $1100.
Check it out in your area.
Yodar

· Registered
2,209 Posts
wangster said:
Why would anyone get an '08 when '09s are already on the road?
Was there any discount for buying an '08?
Who said anything about buying an '08 recently? He just said "when" he ordered his '08.

Plus there are two perfectly good reasons for buying an '08. Gold and Nautical Blue. You can't get those colors in '09.

· Registered
94 Posts
Insurance and taxes are lower if you get an 08 as opposed to an 09 usually. :p Every little bit helps, especially if that extra money goes to new toys.

· Registered
186 Posts
Oh, there's an incentive.
I did not know that.
I wonder how much you'll save on insurance between the two.
I am not 100% positive but I think registration fees are lower too.

Also, let's say you were to sell your xB 5 years later...
Does anybody know if there's a big difference in the resale value?

· Registered
2,209 Posts
wangster said:
Oh, there's an incentive.
I did not know that.
I wonder how much you'll save on insurance between the two.
I am not 100% positive but I think registration fees are lower too.

Also, let's say you were to sell your xB 5 years later...
Does anybody know if there's a big difference in the resale value?
No difference between years in resale for the 08. All xB's have a very good relsale value, especially once the previous model is no longer avaliable. Some people were actually able to sell their gen 1's for more then they bought them for in 2004.

· Registered
35 Posts
I posted pics of my sunroof (The Milk Truck) a while back, I can try to post more - or e-mail them to you.

I have had my xB for 9 months and 15,000 miles, in ice and snow, no drips, no runs, no errors! LOVE the Moonroof. ...

Dale

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Hugajudge said:
I posted pics of my sunroof (The Milk Truck) a while back, I can try to post more - or e-mail them to you.

I have had my xB for 9 months and 15,000 miles, in ice and snow, no drips, no runs, no errors! LOVE the Moonroof. ...

Dale
Hey definatly keep us updated on how well this thing holds up.

· Registered
73 Posts
I just purchased my '09 about two weeks ago and the dealer incentive was actually pretty interesting for the '08s that they still had on the lot. As you know they can't "discount" the product (which is only $100 less based on sticker), but they did offer me a discount on any after-market (non-oem) product that I purchased with the vehicle - such as rims, sun-roof, etc. They used the same argument with registration and insurance - registration, I later learned, was actually only about $1 less here in California and insurance would have been $48/year less. Not enough to cover the depreciation in four years by my non-scientific calculations which should amount to about $1000.

Michael

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.