Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about swapping the older (my 09) gauge cluster for a newer (2011-13). I'm pretty confidant that I can just unplug one and plug the other in. What I'm not sure about is the mileage. Do I just have to keep track myself? Can I take the new one to Toyota and they can set it to match my original?

I found one for sale and I would like the dedicated clock. Though it is a lot of $$ just for a clock. :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was wondering about that myself, thanks for the info.....

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believed Toyota will charge you about $500.00 to match the mileage of your old guage...
:eek: WOW that is definitely not worth it for me. That sounds like it should include the new gauge cluster too!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm...just called my local Scion service department to double-check the price of changing the mileage on a replacement gauge cluster. Service said they can't do it and transferred me to parts. They said as far as they know it is illegal to sell a used speedometer. If you buy a brand new one, there is a company that will put your mileage on it. They can't do a used one though to prevent people from altering the mileage on their vehicles.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
What a pain. Too bad you can't just move the 2011 clock to your 2009 RS 6 cluster. But I suppose the printed circuit board is all one piece for either cluster.

Maybe you spend that $500 for a new head unit that displays a clock, instead...just an alternative idea...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe you spend that $500 for a new head unit that displays a clock, instead...just an alternative idea...
I'm not going to spend $500. The used one on Craig's List has an asking price of $150. I was going to offer $100.

My RS 6 came with a Pioneer Avic headunit stock. It displays the time, it's just really small so it is hard to read at a glance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.