Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday I replaced the stock license plate light bulbs w/ LEDs. This is just a heads up that you will need to remove the plastic cover from inside the rear hatch door. It's easy, but takes a little force. There are slots on the sides where you can start the removal. Get your fingers in there and start pulling. The plastic cover is held on by plastic clips. In my case, about half of the clips stayed in the door and didn't come off w/ the plastic cover. I took a flat head screw driver and pushed them through from behind and put them back in the plastic cover. The bulbs twist out just like headlight bulbs, but mine were in there pretty tight. I actually left the top part of the plastic cover connected, so I had to squeeze my hands in there to twist them out. Once you have the new lights in, make sure they work before replacing the plastic cover. If it's all good, the plastic cover will just pop back onto the door. It took just a few minutes :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you tell me where to purchase these LED lights?

I am looking for bright *** white lights somewhat like the Lexus license plate lights.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do I need to worry about over-heating. I found some on autolumination.com as I have done some work with their products in the past, but they have sooo many to choose from that I just don't know which is the best. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
266 Posts
SiZzOuRcE said:
Do I need to worry about over-heating.
You don't need to worry about overheating with LEDs. There's no filament in an LED like there are in regular bulbs, so they generate hardly any heat at all. This goes for any LED mod including dash lighting, dome light replacement, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts