Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that many have swapped out the OEM tail lights.According to the manual info that was posted ( thank you very much),when the tail light ***'m are removed the gasket that seals it from the recess has to be replaced.I stopped by a local dealer today and asked the parts counter guy how much they cost.He said that are 44.00+ each but they don't have them in stock,which means to me that when the lights are taken out the gasket is not replaced just carefully handled.Has any one had a ploblem removing those lights?

· Registered
474 Posts
I've had no problem. Removed the OEM tail lights, installed two (2) sets of TYCs (both failed within a year)...replaced with the LONGO tail lights....don't remember the gasket being a problem with any.

Brewski

· Registered
614 Posts
I have removed my tails and tinted them, then reinstalled and I replaced my daughters tails with tinted tails I bought from Helen4wheels and had no problems with them either. I wouldn't worry about the gaskets. Obviously if you do tear one, replace it!

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Swapping out

I have removed my tails and tinted them, then reinstalled and I replaced my daughters tails with tinted tails I bought from Helen4wheels and had no problems with them either. I wouldn't worry about the gaskets. Obviously if you do tear one, replace it!
When you took out the tail lights did you noticed if there was any gap at bottom where the body and rear bumper cover was? If I install my LED lights I will need enough gap to run small wires to them from the OEM b/u light.

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you took out the tail lights did you noticed if there was any gap at bottom where the body and rear bumper cover was? If I install my LED lights I will need enough gap to run small wires to them from the OEM b/u light.
Friday the temp. reached 81deg.,and I was outside looking at those tail lights.When I noticed the gap at the lower edge of the light ***'m,and took the wire from one of the LED's,placed in the space and threaded it down to where the b/u light is located.It seems that there is enough space for the wires. When the temp gets warm enough again, I will see if connect can be done.

· Registered
614 Posts
I just installed my Back-Up Camera and had to splice into the Back-Up Light wiring for power. The wires for the reverse light go through the floor in the cargo area just behind the driver side rear tail light area. I peeled back the wire loom and spliced into the power lead (red) for the power for my camera, so it only powers up when I put the XB in reverse. You could easily splice into the wires there so the connections stay out of the weather. Just a thought!

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where did you put the camera? When you spliced into that wire,did you use a "t tap" and if so what color(size) was it? I was also thinking of the camera and would like to put in the tail gate but I would need to remove the tail gate cover,thread the wire to where the camera would be, and install the cam. Also,where is the screen for the system?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.