Votes: 0 0.0%
  • headlight tint

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on tinting my head/tail lights and would like to see some pics. I just tinted out (limo on the windows) my 09' Black Sand Pearl xB and plan on blacking out the entire thing. I LOVE my scion!

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I put 8000K HID's on mine and don't want to tint them. The Mafia eyelids might look good, though. I am tinting the tails. That bright red looks bad with my HTM. I've ordered the tint and should have it finished very soon. There are laws here as to how dark they can be, so I still want to be street legal while looking good.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
A lot depends on what you are doing to your fridge and what color it is.

On the BBC, tinted tails looks MUCH better.  On others, it is a personal opinion.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I bought the AUG smoke tint for auto lenses on ebay. Hubby took the tails off, taped off the rest of the cover then sprayed the lenses. He did put a clear coat over the two coats of smoke, so it would be protected. I usually keep a vehicle for eight years or more, so I want whatever I do to it to last. There are less expensive smoke sprays, in fact, hubby went to a hobby store for his, but I wanted the real deal. This is supposed to be a hyperlink, but it's not working, so here is the item to search on ebay: AUG204 Smoke Lens Painter.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i was thinking of using that spray stuff but i dont trust myself. iono anyone who tints lights cause my tint guy said he didnt do lights so i never tried looking again cause im not really sure who to ask...

if anyone knows where i can get this done, id be sure to post some after pictures :D

·
Registered
783 Posts
i want to tint mine, and i have VHT niteshades spray, but i'm not sure about the best way to use it, anyone have a DIY?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would WANT to tint my taillights, just a bit. But, I also do not want to get STOPPED-OVER by police.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I picked these up from ebay:

Pretty good alternative to smoking them in my opinion. they light up great and go with the BSP color really well.

but I also have the AUG smoke spray, I plan on using on my side markers and maybe a light coat over my stock headlights and stock tail lights, just to see how they look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.