Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am truly torn when it comes to making a decision about what to replace the boring stock taillights with. I really like the look of the smoked red taillights but am not sure of the best method to use (film or spray). The film worries me because the taillights have bumps and stuff and I don't know how even the application will be and the spray scares me because I don't want solid black lights. I don't really want to buy the smoked red led lights either because I don't know how well they hold up over time and the 30 day warranty makes me wary. I like the look of the euro style lights but haven't been able to find a pic of them on a bsp...advice please!

this is the look I am going for, I think...

· Registered
647 Posts
Mine are stockers professionally painted to match the car. I added LED bulbs from V-LEDs.com The stock lights are the most dependable IMO.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I'm odd. I like them in red.
Except . . .
On BBC and Crimson.

That said, I do see why one would want to darken them. With the texture, film tint is a difficult mess and likely to look awful unless the expert installs it. I'd go with spray tint. If you can get some, I'd use a second set of tails just to be sure. You could sell off whichever set you don't use. Someone else will want either the darker tails or the reds.

· Registered
647 Posts
I have used VHT Night Shades for years and love the product. If you take your time you can make them look very good with most car colors. But black cars just dont look as good to me. Getting them professionally painted is by far a better option on BSP. Well worth $50 to me.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TrevorS-that looks amazing! I think that look would work on mine. Did you apply the tint yourself, and if so, how did you get it to go on evenly with no bubbles? I'm trying to avoid buying a new set of taillights because I don't want to spend the money on a second set when I want to keep the stock ones anyway and just throw some led bulbs in it. But I definetely want the smoked red, its just too much unrelieved black for my taste on ManInTheBox's b.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it looks like I'm going to have to paint them. I just had my windshield tinted the other day and asked if the guy to do my tail lights and reverse light also. Even if he had the color tint I wanted, it still would have been a no go when he realized that the lights have a really bumpy texture. So I am off to the body shop this week to get them painted, but still spending less than buying a whole new set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.