Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for best place to order some df210 springs for 2012 scion xb. Everywhere I see says for 2008-2010, will those same ones fit the 2012? thanks, I ordered my wheels yesterday and want to try to get springs here so I can do all at same time

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
DFs are good.
If I didn't hace TRDs I got in a GREAT deal, I would seriously debate between the 2.

· Registered
38 Posts
Can you trust equipment off ebay

Hello
I want to also get some DF210 springs for my 2012 XB, best deal around is off ebay just under 210.00 free shipping. But I've read about the china fakes and all. Was wanting to support a site vendor but after shipping puts the price closer too 240.00. Is there a way to authenticate, or just look for a reputable seller on ebay?

Thanks The HAK

· Registered
658 Posts
For $30 I would just go with something you know is legit. Also, I would look around for a used set. I was able to get mine very cheap second hand and they're coils that rarely get seen so even if they were dirty or scuffed up it wouldn't have mattered to me. More than likely the ebay ones are real but if you're concerned figure out if you'd be willing to risk it for a $30 savings and go from there.

· Registered
658 Posts
You are right about the 30.00 but I'm cheap:) have you noticed the economy? Just kidding thanks for your help and I will keep researching.

The HAK
Good luck. Find someone who's converting to air or coilovers, that's the best way to score a cheap kit.

· Registered
658 Posts
How do you like the ride of the NF210s vs the DF210s? I know that the ride height and spring rate is what the difference is but I wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on the two.
I really thought the DF's were going to be too low. I have the RS8 so I'm lower than most with the DF's since I have a body kit. I also commute with my xB so that was a concern. To be honest, I would've played it safe and gone with the NF's except I got a killer deal on my DF's thanks to another forum user.

That said, once I installed my DF's I was pleasantly surprised that they weren't as uncomfortable or as low as I expected. They are low, don't get me wrong but they are still more than daily drive-able.

Think of it this way. The TRD's and NF210's are more of a leveling kit for the xB. Basically you get minimal drop in the front but it makes the back look less like it just got kicked in the butt. The DF210's are more of what you would expect of a lowering kit while being surprisingly user friendly. They ride slightly nicer but in reality, they both ride great.

· Registered
67 Posts
Yeah I had though about dropping it but my main concern was the the df210s would have been too hard of a ride. But I still haven't made my mind up if I want to actually "drop" or "level" it out as you put it.

· Registered
658 Posts
The DF's ride just as nice as stock. In the end, its a coil swap. Nothing major to be had unless they're too stiff or soft. The Tanabe's are pretty comparable to the OEM so I wouldn't worry at all about ride quality changing. They do not, in any way, feel stiff compared to the OEM in my experience.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
before drop

after df210s, it is still settling down too, looks good to me

and u can see in the after pic, i removed the black vinyl from beside the a pillars and around the doors, it looks so much better now

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.