4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My custom hats (patches on blank hats, done by me):

Back:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Great pics TartanJack!

nice to finally see another Nascar fan on NSxB!!

where are you getting all those magnets? i might like to get some of those for fun myself!

also, do you know if it is possible to get a center cap for the steelies? i was thinking of painting mine after seeing an old car with white steelies w/ center cap that looked pretty cool!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yanges said:
Great pics TartanJack!

nice to finally see another Nascar fan on NSxB!!

where are you getting all those magnets? i might like to get some of those for fun myself!

also, do you know if it is possible to get a center cap for the steelies? i was thinking of painting mine after seeing an old car with white steelies w/ center cap that looked pretty cool!
Some where bought as mangets. Most were stickers that I put on magnetic material.
The Railway Express Agency ones are examples of stickers I got from a train-hobby shop and put on magnets. Actually, I got 10 large ones and 10 small ones, plus quite a few patches. The REA X ones are a later logo from REA and made for me by a local sign guy, based on a patch I picked up at a train show (it was 1960s NOS- New Original Stock).

The NASCAR ones came from:
http://www.time4sports.com/
-The store front is near the Asheville, NC airport and not terribly far from me. I hope to "drop by" in the next day or so. There is a clearance shirt I want.

I am always on the look out for cool stickers (vinyl ones) to use as magnets.
My Miata (Fenix) is also a blank car I can "deck out" with magnets . . .

(All the stuff not on glass are magnets, either bought that way or stickers on magnetic material.)

The reason I like using magnets is this:
They can be EASILY removed, replaced, or changed, depending on my "feelings" for the day or week. Come fall, I will use hockey/NHL and football/NFL logos too . . .

(Fortunately, the silver just happens to be a major trim color of the Carolina Panthers and Atlanta Falcons, both "home teams" for me -but that is a story for another day . . .)

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, as it came up on another, non car based, forum that wanted picts of my xB . . .

The crew of my sloop:
I tend to be ship captain, master (the one who translates the captains orders into specific commands for who to so what on the ship and rigging), navigator, and "helmsman" all in one.
My wife, when she is in the sloop falls into the quartermaster (handles provisions for the crew) and boson (disciplinarian), as she is usually along in longer trips/voyages.
The kids are the side gunners and general crew.

There are often mutinous activities (esp afternoons on the way home from school) among the crew, easily appeased with provisions or shore leave (esp. a play ground or swimming pool).

(Also, I am beginning to think that "Xpress Box" is more a descriptive than a name. I will come up with something better . . . )

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
That's a good find there, TartanJack. :yes:

One of the reasons we're renting a minivan to go to Akron (oh, better go do that.. thanks for reminding me) is the mutinous nature of my kids. They'd be walkin' the plank fer sure before we left Pennsylvania.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wave Rider said:
yeah i like your hats who did them and how..maybe I can get my headrests done like that??
The hats are patches from various sources. The Scion ones are patches from ebay. The hats are some $5 ones I found at Walmart which happen to have a similar texture (in person) to the seats. In fact, my wife complains that she doesn't see them and keeps sitting on them.
The back XB is just some embroidered "iron-on" letters left over from a previous project.

I will make a special nicer hat once I finalize a formal name for my Xpress Box.
-Right now, I am Thinking of Spectre III.
--As I said in the thread on car names, Spectre was a dark gray Audi 5000, Spectre 2 was my metallic "Wolfram Gray" Wolfsburg Edition VW Vanagon/Bus. As the silver is one that tends to blend in with road, I thought Spectre III might work. It also would be a good name for a "pirate sloop" . . .

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Latest look, with steelies:

Wheel close up:

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wheel update:
Painted center caps-

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Removed A-pillar black vinyl:

With my "other favorite" ride:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.