Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
I hate to start a new thread and apologize if I'm jacking this up.

2nd Gen 2013 literally 847km, I notice this week that usually when I first start the car in the morning the green lit temp symbol should be on indicating in an obvious reason that the engine is still cold. This week when I start the car for the first time in the morning the temp green symbol light takes a minute or so to lit up.

Should I be concern?

Note: I'm in Toronto Canada which weather is getting below 0 at this time of the year.

· Registered
29 Posts
(Note to newbies: 2008-2010 have real temp gauges, 2011-present have idiot lights...)

I think what you are saying is usually in the mornings when you first start up, the green coolant temp light is lit until the engine warms up, then when the engine warms the light turns off. Except that recently, even though it is now getting colder in Canada, it now takes a minute or so for the "coolant is cold" light to light up after startup.

Something is definitely not right. My 2011 faithfully lights the "coolant is cold" light on cold mornings at startup. Your 2013 is still under warranty so I'd get it checked out.
Exactly and thank you. When I first acquired the vehicle the idiot temp is lit on. But recently this week when I start the car the idiot light takes 30 to 45 secs to go off. I called Toyota they said that is normal but I'm still skeptical about it. A buddy of mine drives a 2nd gen told me his idiot temp went off after 30 secs on start up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.