Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my local dealer called me today letting me know they had a five speed in. So I went right over and drove it.

I love it. It drives very nice. Has alot of pep. I actually chirpped the tires taking off from a light by accident. I actually feel that with a supercharger bolted on it would easily out run my current car. Of course its a 2.4l which is only 0,4 away from the engine in my car. So yeah I can't wait to get one know.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
eviljack said:
So my local dealer called me today letting me know they had a five speed in. So I went right over and drove it.

I love it. It drives very nice. Has alot of pep. I actually chirpped the tires taking off from a light by accident. I actually feel that with a supercharger bolted on it would easily out run my current car. Of course its a 2.4l which is only 0,4 away from the engine in my car. So yeah I can't wait to get one know.
that sounds Great eviljack!

you can get going pretty good in the automatic with the sequential shift, so i am sure the stick moves along pretty quickly!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So some good news today. I finally got all my paperwork together for my whole "debt" issue. So now I got the money on the way so I can put a deposit on my xB whoohoo. Can't wait.

·
Registered
8 Posts
evil

well an early congrats on the XB. one thing to note is i tell everyone to do this. either bring along your ipod (if you own one) or make a cd or your other MP3 player. why i say this is that you can drive off with the music you want to play and also if they snaked your ipod cable out of the glove box. you have a chance to get them to throw one in. lol kind of smart thing.

also stop by a costco and pick up the all weather floormats. unless you are getting the scion ones. costco is cheaper like 20 or so dollars. this will help protect you floor boards. lol

oh one other thing price insurance and also collect paycheck stubs and also 6 names addresses and phone numbers some of the loans need referances. this will help you not run into a brick wall during the needed stuff part of the paper work.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Though this is not my first new car purchase, plus I plan on getting my loan through my credit union.

I was however curious if the xB was supposed come with the i-pod cable or not. I don't currently have an i-pod but I plan on asking for one for my birthday.

·
Registered
83 Posts
When you get the new xb you ought to play AC/DC'S song "ride on" that would be cool. I think the first song I played was powerman 5000 "when worlds collide" that was cool.
Good luck w/ the new ride.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I went to the dealer today and put down my deposit. So a 2008 xB RS 5.0 is mine in the near future. Don't know the exact price just yet. They don't have the car in the system so they ran a basic set up to get me an idea of the cost. They won't know exact till they get the info sent to them. Right now they have the price set at $19,215. Thats they base model with the $2400 RS package, $320 spoiler, and $155 for floor mats. A bit pricey for the mats but they are nice and will keep the floor nice.

They finally put a xB in the showroom and fixed it up a bit. I sat there playing with it. They had the overhead console installed. It was kinda nice. Flip down pocket for sunglasses and such. Also had a pocket for a photo that was kinda odd to have. I won't be getting one, but thats because I will have the sunroof instead.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
eviljack said:
So I went to the dealer today and put down my deposit. So a 2008 xB RS 5.0 is mine in the near future. Don't know the exact price just yet. They don't have the car in the system so they ran a basic set up to get me an idea of the cost. They won't know exact till they get the info sent to them. Right now they have the price set at $19,215. Thats they base model with the $2400 RS package, $320 spoiler, and $155 for floor mats. A bit pricey for the mats but they are nice and will keep the floor nice.

They finally put a xB in the showroom and fixed it up a bit. I sat there playing with it. They had the overhead console installed. It was kinda nice. Flip down pocket for sunglasses and such. Also had a pocket for a photo that was kinda odd to have. I won't be getting one, but thats because I will have the sunroof instead.
That is Great eviljack! :)

now i bet you are really getting anxious to get it - did they give you an idea on how long it will take to get it for you? you gonna get the stick shift?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well when I first started asking about it they said end of march, then beggining of march. Today he said it MIGHT be in febuary. Not a hundered percent sure though. They are going to call me and let me know the moment they find out. I went ahead and put my car up for sale. I have a guy at work thats willing to give me $5000 but I wanna try for more. I would like around $6000. I went ahead and did it because normally for me it takes a while to sell a car. However with my luck because I am waiting on the RS to come in I will probably sell it faster then I want. Worse case scenario I car pool with co-workers or get a rental car.

Yes its going to be a manual. Plus I have decided to try and replicate the car in my avatar. Although its going to be different, sunroof and spoiler added, I am gonna come close as I can. Gonna get some wheels that are close to those and gonna take off the body kit it comes with and install the 5 axis one. That will be a while before it happens with the wedding coming up but I got time no rush really. I even plan on doing the fog lights on the roof, maybe. Still not sure about that one. I may go buy the light bar and sit it ontop to see how it look. I can always take it back, or sell it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts