Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a lip for my matrix but wondered if it would fit on the XB2 so i decided to try it out.
my apologies if this has already been tried and test fitted with a thread on here, i looked around for a little bit but didnt see one so i thought i'de put one up

here is a picture of how it looks

not sure if my dad would want it though as he's not home right now.
i personally like it :]

just not sure if my dad would want to keep it on though..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my dad actually just got home and likes it. guess i have to buy another one for my car
LOL

·
Registered
328 Posts
That looks great what lip is it can you post some more pics of how you installed it and how it fits on the ends?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Also what do you do to fill the gap in the middle of the front, under the grille?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

when first bought, the ends are a little bit longer so they have to be cut with a hack saw, really easy job. just make sure you line it up how you want and cut the right amount off that you want.

while i was at the gym, i came home and my dad had already installed it. he complained that the holes didn't line it. since it isn't a lip for our car, you do have to drill/screw it into the lower part of your bumper. it isn't that scary of a job since it is under the bumper and can't be seen.

as for the lower middle gap part from the lip, unfortunately it isn't a HUGE gap but it is there. its such a small gap that there isn't much of anything that i can think of to fill it. here is how it looks look at it eye level and raised.

my dads hack saw job.

also test fitted another thing but my dad doesn't want them so they'll be going on my car someday

also my matrix creepin in the corner :]

front lip is from an STI
i wasn't able to get any pictures from a distance and my dad just left with the car. i'll take some more tomorrow and post some up. too dark right now if he were to come back

let me know what you guys think, questions, feedback, etc.

·
Registered
307 Posts
That looks fantastic! I think I know what lip it is, since a buddy of mine ordered it for his Civic SI, and apparently they're pretty popular amongst that circle. Ever since he got his, I have been trying to picture it on ours. It looks great. Looking forward to more pics but I definitely love the way it looks already. I WILL get that lip too now that you've guinea pigged it for us once I convert my front bumper back to the 2011 style! lol. Great job! :cheers:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That looks fantastic! I think I know what lip it is, since a buddy of mine ordered it for his Civic SI, and apparently they're pretty popular amongst that circle. Ever since he got his, I have been trying to picture it on ours. It looks great. Looking forward to more pics but I definitely love the way it looks already. I WILL get that lip too now that you've guinea pigged it for us once I convert my front bumper back to the 2011 style! lol. Great job! :cheers:
yeah this lip is no longer just for an STI lol. its a pretty universal fit for a lot of cars. it may not be perfect but it is a cheap option for a lip that looks good to me. having a front lip is one of my favorite mods. only 60 bucks on ebay too :]

looks nice

what is molded into your grill, LED fog lights?

they aren't fog lights as they arent that strong, just leds. my dad just drives with either the ones on the top grill on or the bottom grille whichever he prefers

·
Registered
314 Posts
Looks nice good job

1 - 20 of 24 Posts