Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i just bought all the things i need for the painting of my hubcaps. Need to pinch pennies until i can afford a set of wheels. I am going to go with a semi gloss black with a clearcoat. the scion logo, i am going to paint a metallic zinc red. I will post pics to show the process and the final product!!!

· Registered
26 Posts
I like the hubs but especially like the emblem! Did you clearcoat the emblem too? How many layers of paint? I've been wanting to black out my emblems for awhile but don't want them to chip and wear out quick

Thanx

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did not use clear coat on the emblem, the paint I used contains a hardening agent which protects it. If you want to be sure that the paint will be protected, then yes I would recommend that a clear coat be used. Are you going with a flat black or gloss black emblem look? If you are going with the flat black, then do not use the clear coat, just put on 2 or 3 coats of primer (black) and then 2 or 3 coats of the top coat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.