Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well . . .
You know those Rota Slipstream rims I've commented on wanting for most of 2 years and got late last summer . . .
On car-

Here's what happened in January:
That is on the INSIDE lip. At the time, it was the passenger side (right) front . . .

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've spent over a month trying to deal with the US Rota distributor and trying to get ANY response from the vendor (JLB Motorsport).
I'm about DONE with Rota, period.

Rota claims I hit a pothole (don't know WHEN that would have happened . . . ) and there was zero tire or alignment damage- just a cracked rim.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So . . .
I saw the Fast Scions sale and got a set of 16x7 Tenzo R Meister rims (also in black). Those arrived yesterday and were installed today.
(pictures to follow whenever it gets warm enough to wash KwikSilver.

·
Registered
739 Posts
If you hit a pot hole usually the bead breaks and you have a flat tire. If you hit one hard enough to crack the rim you would also have a huge dent where the edge of the pot hole hit the rim not just a crack.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Same thread, different story...I bought my MB Twist rims from Discount Tire. When they were installing them, they noticed a chip on one of them. They went ahead and ordered me a new one, so all I had to do was go back the next week for them to install it. One of the reasons we use Discount Tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.