Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the wife and I are thinking about getting a 2nd gen, we commute from Stockton, to Sacramento everyday for work (50 miles 1 way) right now we have an 04 Malibu Maxx we are getting about 28 MPG we love our Maxx but we have 113K miles on it, and it's about time for a new car, we stopped and looked at these 2n gens the other day and we REALLY like them, let's hear the good, bad and ugly about them.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Check out this thread for complaints, but don't let that fool you... I think we all have more to love about the new xB than the things we don't like or are missing. More than anything, I think I love the Scion brand. It has the Toyota quality, great value, but beyond that Scion does a lot for its customers. There are events like Scion Night where they'll rent out a whole theme park and open it up to Scion owners where we get in for free, and the same goes for Exprescion - the last one was on Alcatraz island! Then there are the events put on by local dealerships like bbqs, rallies, etc. As for this vehicle, specifically, I like the room, which we need w/ our newborn, and the added power over the 1st Gen. There are also a ton of options available, and on the way, for customizing your xB. If you get one, I'm sure you'll enjoy it :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
The only thing that's preventing from getting an xB is the gas mileage. Looking at the MPG thread in here and in SL a lot of people are posting bigger numbers than advertised but they're all on the highway or mixed (mostly highway). The only "all" city I've read is an owner from Sacramento and the MPG is horrible. I mostly stay in Stockton so I'm afraid if I choose an xB I'll be in the same situation.........but I really like the car so I might bite the bullet on fuel economy. I am driving a Camry so it isn't too different......

Of course with your commute high mileage on the freeway would be a great thing as I've read posts saying people are getting 28-30 MPG.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
HapaLynai said:
The only "all" city I've read is an owner from Sacramento and the MPG is horrible. I mostly stay in Stockton so I'm afraid if I choose an xB I'll be in the same situation....
You're talking about me (the Sacramento driver) and you have to keep in mind that there are a couple things affecting this, namely my lead foot and the fact that most of my trips in the xB are short quick ones. My commute is only 3.5 mi & I go home for lunch. Our neighborhood has 4 stop signs in about a 1/2 mi or less. And I count (from memory) around 6 stop lights, which equals about one in every 1/2 mi. Sometimes I can make it to/from work in 10min. Sometimes it takes longer. That means either I'm driving a little faster because I can, or I'm stuck in stop & go. All that being said, I only have 700 mi on my xB and it's showing a little improvement as it gets broken in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts