Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The New Dimension of Scion tour is traveling to 14 cities with a gallery of backstage goods.

Follow this link
http://scionrsvp.com/ for easy online registration.

*Please note: There are a limited number of tickets available for each event. So make sure to RSVP and lock yours down!

(Even if you don't receive a confirmation email right away, we will have your information on the guest list.)

Chicago 4.23.10
Kansas City 4.28.10
Phoenix 5.1.10
Portland 5.6.10
San Francisco 5.11.10
Los Angeles 5.14.10 & 5.15.10
Dallas 5.21.10
Houston 5.23.10
Atlanta 5.27.10
Miami 5.29.10

We hope to see you soon!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I received the invitation below and never heard anything else about it.

The time is near... It's closer than you think.

You're receiving this invite because you've been identified as a valuable Scion owner.

We're ramping up to kick-off a series of exclusive events. You're going to be a part of something very few will experience.

The who, the what and the where is highly confidential, so the skinny on location and time will be released closer to the date of the event.

In the meantime, we know you're a busy person, so we wanted to give you a heads up to mark your calendar for upcoming events in your area...

Northeast Dates:

New York Area - Tuesday April 13, 2010

Boston Area - Friday April 16, 2010

Baltimore-Capital Area - Sunday April 18, 2010

We'll be in touch soon. Until then...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Please let me know what it is! I'm not goin for a tupaware party, but definately for
swag!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I signed up for Atlanta.
It's a Thursday, so I hope it's good and worth the effort it will take to get there.

I'm excited!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yeah. I never received anything after the initial contact. NYC is only 50 miles from me. I would have attended.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Our out here in AZ is on May 1st! Hope we get picked. If anybody here gets to go to the event before this please let us know how it was and pics.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, I went to the one in Cincinnati last week. It was...... peculiar.

They unveiled and had two each of the new model cars, which were kind of cool to see. Had they the new xB I might be a bit more excited about it. Snacks and Drinks were provided, as well as the opportunity to have your photo taken in 3d next to the vehicles - they would print them there and you could use your stereoscope viewer to see them. There was a DJ playing music, and they had projectors and smoke machines going in the airport hangar where the event took place. I'd guess there were about 100 people there.

The iQ was neat to see. Small to be sure, but tricked out well for a diminutive car. The tC, too, looked really cool for what it is. They had banks of computers for people to download the taken pictures as well as product information on the vehicles. Additionally, there were kiosks in front of each car with codes on them, which you could use your cellphone camera to snap a picture of, and it would read and present the automobile information on them directly on your phone. A neat "trick" of technology.

But since i own an xB, and in the parking lot the majority of the cars there were 1st and 2nd gen xBs, it seemed a bit of a letdown, at least for me and my roommate. I'm not sure how everyone else felt who was there, since I didn't know anyone else. There were some enthusiasts from Scikotics there, and many seemed to know one another, so I could see where it could be a good group event for those in the club. We hung out for about an hour ish, then went to dinner.

I'd probably have liked it more had an xB been there, since that's my ride.

I'm not entirely sure what Scion's endgame is with all this. I know this has to be some expense for them to travel these cars around, pay for the people to travel with them, provide food and rent the spaces. The people who were invited to go ALREADY own Scion cars, so they aren't necessarily in the market for a new vehicle anytime soon. So I don't know what they are getting out of this, as a company, since everyone there is already an owner.

As far as swag went, they gave out USB wristbands that had the date and a silhouette of the city on it, which was kind of cool. They also gave out stereoscope viewers that had pictures of the two new cars in it (the iQ and the tC). It was...... just eh.

Sadly, they had no fuzzy dice.

I keep hoping to find those somewhere.

Was anyone else there in Cinci? Or any of the other events? If so, what was your take?

I suppose it's worth going just to see the cars and you have about an hour. The USB wristband is pretty neat, and they make them unique to each city.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I was at the one in boston, with my scikotics crew, and it was a good time. It was really cool to see the 2 new cars, but I do agree. the 2011 B should have been there. But then again, its not new and its not officially a next gen design, so I understand why it was not.

The writs band thing was neat, I use it in my car all the time, since the 2010 xB has the usb port.

·
Registered
254 Posts
its seems so close to being worth going.

its just that, its a 3 hour drive..and if people are only staying an hour thats a big no thanks.

Was the tc there their tricked out red model?

A flash drive would be cool..but i honestly have like 4.

As to why they're putting on these events, i have no idea. I'd really like to go to one of their house parties...but i'm sure they don't have a crowd sizable enough to go in SC...they limit them to like LA and NYC. eh.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My friend and I will be going to the Santa Monica, CA event this Friday, May 14, 2010. Don't know what to expect aside from what's posted on here. It's only a half hour drive so no big deal...

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm registered for the LA event in Santa Monica on Saturday the 15th and am unsure whether or not to go.

If Scion is just showing the new tC and the IQ then I'm not gonna bother. I'm not a prospective buyer and I'm not interested in a sales pitch.

But if they're giving out cool and exclusive freebies then I'll be there for sure.

Will you please post up a review of Friday's event? Just wanna know if it's worth going...

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the email today confirming my invitation for Friday, the 21st. It's a little over 30 minutes away, so I think we'll go. Maybe leave early, have dinner, then stop by for a while. Can't hurt and it's free.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.