·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

this is why I bought a 2nd gen :eek:

·
Registered
476 Posts
resscion08, did you install it yourself and if you did install it, how does the origional grill come off? I think that the origional grill on the bottom of the bumper has too much space between the bars and a stone will likely puncture the condensor.

Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the upper grill just snaps off with 2 10 MM bolts and the bottom just bolts on over the existing grill. Hrdest part is lower installation. Need 2 people One to hod brackets and one to turn the screwdriver from the front.

·
Registered
476 Posts
rswscion, thanks for the grill information. I ordered the same grill as you have, one more question? I noticed on another forum that the plastic cover comes off first and then the top grill. The cover and the grill have some tabs that have to be removed. How do these tabs come off? Is there a trick to getting them off with out breaking them? Do they just pull up and out, or push down then pull off?

Will the NEW grill have instructions on removing the grill?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had mine done PRofessionally. THe Tabs are basically Push down and Pull up then you unbolt the top grill with10MM wrench. Bottom just bolts over the existing with Tabs. THIS IS A 2 PERSON JOB!! One to hold and work the front and one to hold the tabs in the Back while one screws. Directions for installationare included. Took the pros about 30 minutes total time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: the old and the new Updated 11/24/009

Updated Picture!! Been a Busy year!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts