Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking for a while. Bought a 09 XB 78K. I just love driving this little box. Like driving a go cart. My normal driver is a big Dodge Ram 4X4 Diesel. Both of them are silver. So this is a whole different experience. It has the TRD lowing springs. It makes really easy for my wife to get in and out As she is handicapped. Has the rear spoiler and the vinyl wrap on the front. I love the tall doors it is so much easier for me to get my tired body in and out. Don't really don't have any mods planed. Maybe a headlight up grade.I'm 76 so I don't try to get to carried away.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Welcome to the club. I'm kinda like you. Originally, one of the reasons I got the B was for my mom who had problems getting in and out of cars. I started out only modding a few things and then I got motivated to conquer larger projects. If you read my description, you'll see all the stuff that been accomplished. I would first suggest replacing the interior lamps with LED's and adding more light in the cargo area.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome Grey Ghost. As Dale mentioned theres a couple simple things you can do that make a big improvement. Most of us on here are into the very budget friendly things.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Most of the mod's are indeed on the inexpensive side. I think with all the stuff that I accomplished, money wise, the dealer would charge more to install just one of the major ones.

·
Registered
844 Posts
The cargo lamp is almost ineffective. I went to the local auto shop and found a LED dome light for ~ $20. The install took several minutes,making a small hole in the head liner and running the wire to the switch. It now matches the front dome light and uses the OEM cargo switch. I had to extend the wires to reach the switch.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome Grey Ghost! Cool name. Good to hear you really enjoy driving it. Of course most of us feel the same way. I still really love mine and have fun driving. I am also into easier, affordable mods. They have already made a huge difference for me. The rear bumper protector (Bushwacker type) is something else you might want to consider. Not too expensive, looks great, easy to install, and most importantly it protects stuff during loading/unloading.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Welcome Grey Ghost! Cool name. Good to hear you really enjoy driving it. Of course most of us feel the same way. I still really love mine and have fun driving. I am also into easier, affordable mods. They have already made a huge difference for me. The rear bumper protector (Bushwacker type) is something else you might want to consider. Not too expensive, looks great, easy to install, and most importantly it protects stuff during loading/unloading.
Thanks for the comments. It already has the SCION bumper protector And I am checking on LED lights from superbrightleds.com. Put a AFE air filter in. Been using them in my truck for years.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks for the comments. It already has the SCION bumper protector And I am checking on LED lights from superbrightleds.com. Put a AFE air filter in. Been using them in my truck for years.
Was thinking of getting the afe drop in air filter, but I'm very tempted to order an injen intake it's 20% off right now on autoanything.com I love the sound of that one but would hate for scion to mess with my warranty and I have to double check if it mounts high like the k&n does I don't want to mount it low and worry about water.

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
I got mine from Oznium. It is an array panel that fits right in with a wired plank which connects in the lamp socket. It is about 12 LED's that are quite bright.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.