Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyone else heard about his? I been doing some research. I really want a XB but I have been hearing that 2009 is the big year for new automobiles and I am thinkin of holding out till the 09's hit to see what we get. Plus I will be married, and once the wedding is over she won't have an excuse for why I can't buy a new car.

Anyways in my searching I can across some info about the Scion XR. Apperently its going to be a 4-door rally inspired car. Possiably alll-wheel drive, maybe based off of subaru since Toyota bought them. There is just alot of speculation right now, but I can't believe there are no photos of a prototype if this car is to be released in '09. Some say its will be based on the Matrix, others think the TC. Anyone got some solid info on this?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Now I could be wrong, but that just looks like a heavily modded xA from the front and rear... everything else looks pretty custom

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats not the xR, thats the custom xA roadster from 5axis.

The xR is supposed to be a four door, all-wheel drive, rally inspired car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
there is no official word on a proposed xR, but at this point i can 100% shoot it down as a 2009. this is the break-down on upcoming scion models.

2008 Release Series Colors :
xB : Five Axis Gold, just like we wanted.
xD : hot freakin lava FTW
tC : some grey other than Flint Mica.

MY Information :
2009 Models - no changes to anything. no line-up additions.
2010 Models - replacement for the tC launches

·
Registered
97 Posts
from what i read somewhere.. Toyota is supposed to bring back the Hatchi.. but is going to badge it as yet another SCION in addition to the XB XD TC... that Hatchi might be the replacment for the TC who knows..

·
Registered
20 Posts
the replacement for the tC should be an 80% rendition of the Fuse concept, as far as design. no word on a badge for it yet.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I want more info on the gold color xB. If its that mustard color I will pass. If its dead on for the 5 axis my *** is going out and reserving one asap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have a call in to san ramon for an answer on that. being that it is the eve of the new year, i dont know if i will hear back before wednesday. those corporate guys and girls follow a schedule all their own.

*edit*

okay, color code is 0580. my source reports it is expected to be exceptionally close to the House of Kolor gold that five axis used on the press release vehicle, it is not believed to be a yellow. having not seen it yet, he cannot back that 100% just yet, but it is a rare occasion that Lord Vader is incorrect.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It looks like a Honda Civic Coupe with a Toyota logo lol. I really hope this isn't the XR. If they make it look more like the Fuse I will be pleased.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts