Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man this is killing me. I got my loan for the xB pre-approved. Sold my Jetta this morning. All I am waiting on now is for my RS to show up. I would be just a bit happier if I at least knew the date it was coming in.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
eviljack said:
Man this is killing me. I got my loan for the xB pre-approved. Sold my Jetta this morning. All I am waiting on now is for my RS to show up. I would be just a bit happier if I at least knew the date it was coming in.
did you get to go to the car show to see one up close?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to the car show but they didn't have it there. The Scion section was kinda disapointing. They had two xB's, two xD's, and one tC. No concepts. They had a small display of some mods but thats about it. There were some tuned Scions in the tuner salon that were pretty cool. Plus I did see a Pontiac Solstic that was painted in the same gold color. It was gorgeous.

I called my dealer today and he said he checked last night and no info yet. Said he will check again tommorrow night and friday.
I got a booklet from the show that had a photo of a nice white xB with the five axis body kit and five spoke bronze wheels. After seeing that photo I am really starting to like the white even more. It is my second choice but now I am very tempted to go over and just get a white one.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now we get to compare numbers and see who's is bigger :rofl:
I been having thoughts of just giving in and buying a white one. Would be quicker and cheaper. I would have money left over for mod parts.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I may be getting black if the gold isn't my thing when I actually see it in person. I too, would love to have that 2500 for rims, nav, illum, remote start, etc,etc.....

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I been having the same thoughts. As it is now I am gonna have a little over a grand. If I get the RS do I use the grand to lower my payments. (currently going to be $250/month). Or do I buy wheels. Then the thought comes to me that I can buy a superwhite base models. If I do that then I will have just over 3grand. I could buy the 5 axis body kit, wheels, LED tails or many other items.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know if you buy it in black you could always do a black and gold xb. I could then sell you my Kenstyle kit and along with some gold wheels that would look pretty killer.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Dang, I'm looking at 400-420 payment. :eek:hno: I'm trading in a 99 Chevy Rockwood decked out conversion van and ended up with 500 equity and also put 500 down to hold my RS or what ever I decide on.

I love the BSP with the upgraded rims and the silver dash applique. I think the black/silver combo is sharp. DH was checking out a black to silver fade tint. Very sharp. I know nothing about body kits, mods, etc. My rides have always been what they were. I love checking out how everyone changes up thier xBs.

I love the moon roof on the RS. Wish it were an option on the standard.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Um... Theres two different moon roofs available for the standard '08 xb. There's a "Top Slider Moon Roof" for $950.00 and a "Recessed Moon Roof" available for $1175.00. I don't know if either are the same that's on the RS, but there are two available. Got this info right from my dealer.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The one on the RS should be its own type. Installed on the assembly line. Which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see it as an option on the next year model.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Whoops... a third moon roof listed as "Power Moonroof w/Auto close feature (xD, xB)" for $1400 from Toyota.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Wow, didn't know anything about the moon roofs available. I read somewhere after factory moonroofs leak a much higher percentage than factory ones. (don't remember the numbers). I've never had one leak, but what a pain that'd be. Just yesterday, while in the van can see down on most cars and a roof was duct taped all the way around. Quite noticeable on a red car!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
eviljack........any word on the expected date of arrival? I left a message w/ my dealer, but no call back. They are closed on Sunday so I hope to have an update tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No nothing from the dealer yet. I already bug him enough so I am gonna wait till tommorrow to call. After the post from eric about seeing them on truck transports in CA I am gonna call and tell this info to my dealer. Hopefully they hear something soon though.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You know what, I know about when my RS is going to get here and the wait is still killing me. Plus now that I know only 500 of the spoilers are going to be made I am worried that I won't get a spoiler. I think I may go onto newscionparts.com and order one. Then if my dealer gets me one I can just sell the extra one and if they don't I will have it.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
about the spoilers....are they both the same (RS and not)? Do you think you can get it painted or can you order it in the RS gold?

Sorry bout the wait, that would suck!!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The spoilers are exactly the same. Problem is they come pre-painted. Only 500 will be avaliable in the RS color. Plus right now its only $320. The spoiler in all the regular colors is $425, then you would have to pay to have the paint removed and then repainted. Gets pretty expensive. Wish they did sell the spoiler primered since I got a hook up on painting.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts