Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man this is killing me. I got my loan for the xB pre-approved. Sold my Jetta this morning. All I am waiting on now is for my RS to show up. I would be just a bit happier if I at least knew the date it was coming in.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
eviljack said:
Man this is killing me. I got my loan for the xB pre-approved. Sold my Jetta this morning. All I am waiting on now is for my RS to show up. I would be just a bit happier if I at least knew the date it was coming in.
did you get to go to the car show to see one up close?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to the car show but they didn't have it there. The Scion section was kinda disapointing. They had two xB's, two xD's, and one tC. No concepts. They had a small display of some mods but thats about it. There were some tuned Scions in the tuner salon that were pretty cool. Plus I did see a Pontiac Solstic that was painted in the same gold color. It was gorgeous.

I called my dealer today and he said he checked last night and no info yet. Said he will check again tommorrow night and friday.
I got a booklet from the show that had a photo of a nice white xB with the five axis body kit and five spoke bronze wheels. After seeing that photo I am really starting to like the white even more. It is my second choice but now I am very tempted to go over and just get a white one.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now we get to compare numbers and see who's is bigger :rofl:
I been having thoughts of just giving in and buying a white one. Would be quicker and cheaper. I would have money left over for mod parts.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I been having the same thoughts. As it is now I am gonna have a little over a grand. If I get the RS do I use the grand to lower my payments. (currently going to be $250/month). Or do I buy wheels. Then the thought comes to me that I can buy a superwhite base models. If I do that then I will have just over 3grand. I could buy the 5 axis body kit, wheels, LED tails or many other items.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Dang, I'm looking at 400-420 payment. :eek:hno: I'm trading in a 99 Chevy Rockwood decked out conversion van and ended up with 500 equity and also put 500 down to hold my RS or what ever I decide on.

I love the BSP with the upgraded rims and the silver dash applique. I think the black/silver combo is sharp. DH was checking out a black to silver fade tint. Very sharp. I know nothing about body kits, mods, etc. My rides have always been what they were. I love checking out how everyone changes up thier xBs.

I love the moon roof on the RS. Wish it were an option on the standard.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Um... Theres two different moon roofs available for the standard '08 xb. There's a "Top Slider Moon Roof" for $950.00 and a "Recessed Moon Roof" available for $1175.00. I don't know if either are the same that's on the RS, but there are two available. Got this info right from my dealer.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Wow, didn't know anything about the moon roofs available. I read somewhere after factory moonroofs leak a much higher percentage than factory ones. (don't remember the numbers). I've never had one leak, but what a pain that'd be. Just yesterday, while in the van can see down on most cars and a roof was duct taped all the way around. Quite noticeable on a red car!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No nothing from the dealer yet. I already bug him enough so I am gonna wait till tommorrow to call. After the post from eric about seeing them on truck transports in CA I am gonna call and tell this info to my dealer. Hopefully they hear something soon though.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You know what, I know about when my RS is going to get here and the wait is still killing me. Plus now that I know only 500 of the spoilers are going to be made I am worried that I won't get a spoiler. I think I may go onto newscionparts.com and order one. Then if my dealer gets me one I can just sell the extra one and if they don't I will have it.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The spoilers are exactly the same. Problem is they come pre-painted. Only 500 will be avaliable in the RS color. Plus right now its only $320. The spoiler in all the regular colors is $425, then you would have to pay to have the paint removed and then repainted. Gets pretty expensive. Wish they did sell the spoiler primered since I got a hook up on painting.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.