Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
any one have a list of engines that would work with the xb2? ether bolt up or some slight motor mount mods? i saw someone tried a v6 tc but lost intrest. just not sure if toyota has any bigger inline 4s than our 2az-fe. ill post info as i find it myself. if you have any info this would a great place to post it so we can all know!! also is there any heads that bolt to our 2az-fe that would help boost power? please dont bother posting " if you have money anything can happan" bull crap. i would like real info as i think the other members would too. thanks for any info!!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
As most are still under warranty, or just out from it, this hasn't been looked into too much. The engine is the same as the tC, Matrix S, and base Camry. I'd look into sites where folks have messed with those.
The biggest issue will be the ECU and getting everything to work correctly in a full heart transplant. It hasn't been tried much yet, besides full-on show and race ones.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the transmision U250E ( 5 speed) auto can bolt up to the 2AZ-FE engine. im going to find out if the mounts are anywhere close and if all you have to do is use the ecu of a car that came with that tranny. the 2009 scion xb has a U241E 4 speed auto.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the SR20 DET from the Sentra is a pretty strong 4 banger! with a good setup you can easily bump it up to 400 horse. also the SRT4 from the Neon will be a great swap.
Now as far a toyota base motor, I dont see much motors that could go in and improve performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.