Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife has a brand new 2014 Camry, and I absolutely love the the paddle shifters. I was looking at parts, and just eyeballing it, I've believe the following to be true (just by visual inspection):

1. The Camry steering wheel with paddles (2012+) will probably fit
2. The cruise control stalk has the same harness
3. The airbag appears to use the exact same connections
4. Wiring up the paddles is possible, as I know that others have added fixed position paddles in the past (though we never saw much detail on *how*)

The only downside is that I'd permanently have a Toyota logo on the airbag versus the Scion logo, but I'm not willing to go without an airbag just for looks.

Thoughts? Crazy?

· Registered
845 Posts
For 4 gears, paddles seem a bit pointless. That steering wheel looks nice though. I just got a rav4 leather steering wheel. Should be a straight swap, just waiting till tomorrow to see, and if the phone buttons will work. If not, oh well. $90 for leather is better than $270 for a scion one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
For 4 gears, paddles seem a bit pointless. That steering wheel looks nice though. I just got a rav4 leather steering wheel. Should be a straight swap, just waiting till tomorrow to see, and if the phone buttons will work. If not, oh well. $90 for leather is better than $270 for a scion one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Did the rav4 wheel end up working for you?

Edit: scratch that, I found your response http://www.newscionxb.com/123-2nd-gen-scion-xb-talk/10244-anyone-hate-steering-wheel-3.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.