Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've seen this pop up lately - the company that makes them (SSD) is relatively unknown and seems to actually be a project of "Central Missouri Powder Coating". I haven't been able to find any other information online, but it does look like it's really powder coated and made of some variety of steel. I think the bolt cups will need to be cut/ground down to minimize scraping, but that's just a few minutes work with a grinder. The lead time is about 5 days, either it's a small volume in-house production (good) or Chinese junk (bad).

* 2013 2014 Scion XB Front Subframe Chassis Brace Bolt on SSD Performance New | eBay
* Scion and Toyota Products

The only alternative (that I know of) is the Tanabe TUB129F, but I don't like that you only get a single two-point bar for the same price. It also seems to suffer from excessively sized bolt cups and need grinding (though not quite as much) to prevent issues.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I heard that if you ride is dropped it has a chance of getting caught on speed bumps etc

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my only real concern. I've heard of some on DF210's who have actually ripped the Tanabe bar off, and this one is much stronger, so it seems reasonable that the point of failure in that situation would the body of the car.

I think I may look into making my own very thin version out of high strength material. Would make a good project.

·
Registered
457 Posts
There is also the TB Performance brace set as well.

TB Performance Products

I've got all three braces, the front traction, mid chassis, and rear shock tower braces. Definitely firmed up the feel of the car in corners and gave a more planted feel. You do need to get used the having less flex in the rear since if you brake hard in a tight corner down hill the rear end can break loose. Just had to retrain myself the complete braking before the corner.

·
Registered
457 Posts
in my humble opinion I think that the strut brace will be enough to reinforce the structure

It'll enforce it some but there is a very noticeable difference when you put the lower braces on. I've got a front upper strut brace as well and the lower braces did a lot more for stiffening up the feel of the car than it did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.