Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the third time i've had to tint my tail lights. The first time I did it I didn't clean the taillights at all, it gave it a weird look, it also made it fade very quickly. I got around to redoing it this weekend, and this time I did it right. I knocked off some of the old paint with some 80 grit, and 600 grit sandpaper, the 80 was way too rough and left deep scratches in it, so I advise you not to use that. If I were to do it again, I'd use like a 220.

I used:

and

· Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and what was the outcome? i guess we wont know until later. did they to sand it?
did they to sand it? what?

It gave it a gloss look, and I like it better already.

· Registered
151 Posts
Looks good! Do they have a light smoke paint?

· Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good. Light output decent? Also, what's up with your gas door?
The light out put is pretty good, it's a lot less, but still clearly visible. As some of you might remember I got in an accident about a year ago and the company we had fix the car did a terrible job. It sticks out, and the lines are uneven.

JRINCON17: I didn't read the can. The clear turned out great, it gave it a nice gloss, exactly what I wanted.

mikeyxb2: I don't think they do, but the amount of coats you put on affects how dark it is, so just put a few coats on, and it'll be lighter.

· Registered
422 Posts
How did you get the top bolt off the tail light. In my 2010 XB I can get the bottom 2 but can't get the very top, something is blocking me from getting a good angle.

· Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got some needle nose pliers, it took me about 10 minutes to finally get it off, and I ended up losing one. I just finger tighten the other one so it's easy to get off the next time around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.