Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a sunny day here in Louisville, KY so i took some time and tinted my tail lights with some VHT Nightshades. This isn't really a step-by-step,but it kinda walks you through the process!

you'll first want to remove the tails, which is pretty straight forward. Then clean them really good with rubbing alcohol to get rid of any surface dirt or grease.

next, mask off with tape whatever you dont want painted.

once they're clean and masked you're ready to spray, this is what i used...

I did 3-4 light coats over the tails for good coverage, waiting about 30 mins between coats. its important to remember that you're "tinting" and not "painting", so don't try to make them solid black! then wait about 3 hours before handling and install!

before

after

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I really like the tinted tails better than just the red...I mean RED. I tinted the ones on the '09 then got smoked-lens LED tails for the RS 7.0. I'm trying to think of a color that the tint doesn't work with and can't.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I did mine, but forgot to do the rubbing alcohol step, they came out kind of fogged, instead of shiny.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a pic on my xB2. I call her Black Betty for obvious reasons!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MountScion85xb said:
im going to have to steal your xB#2 emblem :lol:
it's ok! I stole it from somebody else too! Lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
very nice i did the same thing didn't clean em tho :confused: but jus a quick wipe down they turned out great just dont do the reverse light lol trust me it is untintable lol so i made this mistake and had to paint it :rofl:

·
Registered
422 Posts
HELP HELP HELP!!!! I'm in the process of trying to do this!!!! I go the 2010 XB, I got the two screws off but the one at the very top, I can't get a good enough angle to unscrew it. I don't want to pull anything off in fear of breaking something. What am I supposed to do?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Please anyone!?!?!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Use a smaller tool! You do have to remove the third screw to release them. It was a while ago I did mine, and I don't remember having a lot of problems accessing the screws, but they say the memory if the first thing to go! LOL

·
Registered
422 Posts
So even though the manual says remove the 3 screws, I don't have to remove the one at the very top? I have a 2010 so maybe it's different from the 2008-2009, but at the top screw, some piece of metal is kind of blocking me from getting a good angle to unscrew it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
xsalvationx said:
So even though the manual says remove the 3 screws, I don't have to remove the one at the very top? I have a 2010 so maybe it's different from the 2008-2009, but at the top screw, some piece of metal is kind of blocking me from getting a good angle to unscrew it.
2010 is the same as the 2008-2009, so you "will" need to remove all three to release the assembly.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yea I know that, the problem is that the very top screw seems impossible to get to because of that piece of metal blocking. Do I need to remove anything, like take off the hard plastic body so I can get a straight forward angle?

·
Registered
422 Posts
:mad:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.