Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a scion Xb 2011 on 19" TRD alloy wheels. I put Falken tires on them, they waste pretty quick in the inner part of the tires in less then 5-6 months. I put 1200 miles on the car every month. Checked Alignment, test came out fine. What else can be causing the issue of it ripping tremendously in the inner part of the tire?

At times maybe to much weight in the car?
Can shocks be the issue?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Camber? I have heard if you change your suspension set up and your car has a different stance sometimes the camber has to be re-adjusted back to 0. If your suspension or shocks are worn and your car is sitting differently it may affect it.

On the other hand your car is pretty new so unless you have aftermarket stuff installed I don't think it would be the stock wearing out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you kept your air pressure at 39Front 37Rear COLD? Sounds like this might be your problem

I went a little over 20k on the Toyo Proxes 4 on TRD 19s, just replaced the tires with Bridgestone Potenza S-04s yesterday. Awesome tires btw.

The Toyos still had decent tread left but got very loud from the inside edge getting choppy. I was told this is caused by our alignment settings. The wear across the tread is pretty even tho. Everytime they give me an alignment print out, the rear on my car always shows too much toe in. I have TRD springs/shocks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ Isk7tz @2010SWxb Thank you guys so much! Gave me some ideas so when I go to Toyota Scion this weekend I can advise them on what going on. This is a brand new vehicle bought it from Toyota Used w/ 24,500 miles on it , I am still within my 100,000 warranty and all. And Toyota sold me this car used as is w/ rims n all. So , think I am just going to have to pamper up my trinity just a little more and dig deep . Any Idea where I can get some stalk rims for this scion XB 2011 at good price?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Search on the forum classifieds, depending on what rims you have you may just be able to trade them out with someone.

If you can't find a good stock set there are a lot of online vendors you could check out who usually have pretty good deals on aftermarket rims and can match the stock size and give you tire options. discounttiredirect.com seems to have good reviews from other users.

That said I don't think the rims alone would be causing the problem unless they are a weird size or something. I'd start with just checking what is there, and making adjustments where needed with your current set up before going to something else, unless you just really want new wheels in which case any excuse is a good excuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.