Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem simple, but do all the 2008 xB's have tire preasure sensors ?? I see no indication of them anywhere... I guess I could just let some air out and see... Also, if they're there, what do I need to do to transfer them to my new rims ?

RG...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tire pressure sensors are a feature of the 2nd generation xB.
When you first turn the ignition key, all your warning lights come on for a few seconds. One of them is the low air pressure light. As with all those lights, if they come on when you turn the key it's an indication that they are working. In the case of tire pressure, the light will only come on during start-up and if your tire pressure actually IS low. Yet another reason to regularly scan your gauges and warning lights (even though they're way the hell off to the right and therefore unnecessarily hard to find while driving).
I'm not sure what "rims" are, but I bought aftermarket wheels for my 08 xB because the fakey stock hubcaps were boring. I didn't like the extra-cost wheels offered by Scion, so I found a set at a local, reputable tire and wheel store. I asked about the potential problem regarding the tire pressure sensors on aftermarket wheels, especially if they had the necessary equipment and skill to do the job right. They said "Yes." And they were right. The system works fine.
And the new wheels really please my eyes.
Yodar

·
Registered
2008 xB
566 Posts
They're there on all '08 xB's. When you turn the ignition key on you'll see a small tire icon over on the far right side. It goes out when you start the car and won't come on unless your tire pressure drops.

There's a lengthy discussion about this topic at http://newscionxb.com/wheels_tires/tpms_and_aftermarket_wheels-t1070.0.html

I didn't transfer the TPM sensors to my new rims (I'll use the stock wheels in winter) and don't even notice the light any more (it's there).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.