Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I have been researching for about a year for rims and tires and trying to get the best fitment for my car. I finally took the plunge and ordered some Motegi 122. The fronts are 18x8 +35 and the rears are 18x9 +35. Now the real question, my buddy owns a speed shop and that is where I ordered the rims from and got a steal on them. They recommended the sizes and I agree with there suggestion. How ever, they suggested that I go with 215 35 on both which to me seems like way too much stretch. I am thinking of going with 225 40 front and rears. Does this sound like it is a viable tire size and will I need to roll any fenders? I can if I need to but would prefer not to. I am lowered on DF210s. Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
no need to roll fenders i was running 225/40 on 18x9 on df210 for a bit and the tires never were close to the rear fender. even when i lowered the car more on coilovers the fender and tire still had clearance

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris Falkens ordered...

·
Registered
164 Posts
So I will be the first to admit I know nothing about tire sizes or fitment but my biggest question with getting super tight stances is handling and rub in the front. The back just sits there so with a tight suspension set up it seems to reason those could be super close with no major issues anyway, but turning and just daily driving seems like it would be difficult.

Do you have to modify the front fenders any? I hear a lot of people talk about removing the inner fender lining for clearance there. I understand that in most cases a car with extreme stance, stretch, camber, etc isn't used as a DD but where is the limit on that?

I don't have any plans to do any mods like this, and If I did I would just get lighter 16's with better aero and get nice tires, but I am curious about how some of these people get so low on such large wheels.

·
Registered
596 Posts
i have been on DF210 for many years on my last 2 2nd gen xb's and never had to remove the liner and i was rolling on 19" wheels and only rubbed when i hit a real hard bump and it was my fault cause i cut the bumpstop about a extra 1/2" so it allowed the strut to travel a bit more.

last set of wheels were 18x8 fronts and 18x9 rears with 225/40 all around. fronts were flushed and rears had a small stretch looked really nice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.