Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at my wheels and saw the tires are more worn than I expected.
So, I will have to start thinking about new ones.

I've been getting BF Goodrich G-Force Sports, with the present ones being Comp-2s.
I'm thinking the xB isn't the "right" car for those . . .

What are some good, more "normal" tires that still get good traction (handling), but with better tread-life?

I'm putting these on 16" rims, so 205-55-16 or 225-50-16 are the size I'm interested in.

· Registered
601 Posts
I am also interested in all around tires that are still sporty, at least sporty-looking.

Question - are there any tires featuring rim protectors that would be ok year-round (rain, snow)? I looked around briefly before but that's what it seemed like to me. Or maybe the price was just way higher.

Any thoughts on the rim protector tires? To me they look great with some nice wheels, and maybe actually do protect the wheel rim, hehe.

hope I'm not hijacking too much :)

· Registered
1,033 Posts
What are some good, more "normal" tires that still get good traction (handling), but with better tread-life? I'm putting these on 16" rims, so 205-55-16 or 225-50-16 are the size I'm interested in.
I like my Yokohama S Drive tires so far. They are 225/50R-16, Tire Rack classifies them as "Ultra High Performance Summer". It doesn't snow where I live.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...e&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=25WR6S&tab=Sizes

(BTW Tire Rack says the BF Goodrich q-Force Sport COMP-2 are #1 in this category, the Yokohama S drive is #7).

Can't comment on the tire life, I've only had them for 9 months. They weren't my first choice but my local Discount Tire had a promotion going on at the time ($70 rebate plus $30 off if you use their credit card, which I already had).

Have fun shopping!

· Registered
457 Posts
I've had good luck with Falken Ziex tires, I think 512s but I can't remember the exact model. Good tread life and decent grip but they tend to tramline when worn. I also liked the set of Continental DWS I had. They give a softer ride due to having more give in the sidewall but at the expensse of cornering, also a pretty good tire for stretching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.