Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
477 Posts
Not sure if it's the photoshop or not, but I think that some colors look much better if you leave the protective film on as in your case.

Again, it might look better when it's done than in the picture.

I left mine on for protection from rocks and other stuff that will just chip the paint off, one less thing to have to fool with.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The one meant is the A-pillar black.

· Registered
159 Posts
lol, NOW i see it, its like that whats different in this picture game. i didnt even see it! id make it all blue, that black just looks outta place.

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Personally, I like the A-pillar tape. It's one more thing that makes the xB look different from other cars on the road. The way the tape makes all the windows blend together, I think it gives the car a sort of sinister look... It's especially noticeable on lighter paint colors, and less so with darker colors (obviously no effect with black).

Now if you want to make your xB different from the next person's xB, you can pull the tape. Some folks on this forum (and other forums) have done it. Of those who pulled the tape, some like the result, and others regreted doing it. It all boils down to your personal preference.

Advice: first look at pics of others who have your paint color, and who have pulled their tape. Also be very sure of what you ultimately decide. Reinstalling the tape at a dealer costs hundreds.

· Registered
477 Posts
If you decide to do it and don't like the looks, you can always buy some carbon fiber look or flat tape to replace.. You don't have to buy the origional from Scion.

I know that the imitation carbon fiber you buy might not last as long as the origional, but you can always keep replacing it. It's doesn't look like it would be that hard to replace.

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Advice: first look at pics of others who have your paint color, and who have pulled their tape. Also be very sure of what you ultimately decide. Reinstalling the tape at a dealer costs hundreds.
No one that I know of with a RS8 has peeled theirs and I work for Toyota Corp. (not the dealer but the actual company) so the cost would be very minimal to me to replace it.

· Registered
29 Posts
Hey Tardis, where did you get the sharkfin antenna?

· Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Tardis, where did you get the sharkfin antenna?
VG Shark Fin Antenna - Home

They paint to match, literally 5 minute install, about a month wait while they paint and such and I think I paid $89 shipped for mine. Better reception than stock in my opinion too.

· Registered
29 Posts
Thanks bud, I will def be looking into that as well. Gives the xB a more clean look and with the RS series in the blue makes it look aggressive too.

· Premium Member
811 Posts
I peeled my '09 HTM and my '10 Murasaki and never looked back. I even peeled the windows on the Murasaki. It is a matter of your preference. I like the "A" pillar peeled to break up the black "mask" around the windows, but that's on mine.

· Registered
782 Posts
'Peel' depends heavily on personal preference and the paint color. Super White can look good with the 'A'-pillar peeled, but no way I'd peel mine. Generally speaking, the lighter the paint color, the less good it'll look peeled. The blue is kind of a middle ground and again, it comes down to individual taste. View what others have done and draw conclusions for yourself. Go with what provides your best bet. Only you can make that call :)!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.