Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Tom Hanks has an eBox, a Scion xB converted to run on electricity... who knew? :D

AC Propulsion delivered the first eBox customer car to Tom Hanks earlier this year. Hanks ordered the eBox after driving a prototype in July 2006. He also owns a Toyota RAV4 EV & has never spent a penny on gas. The eBox can be recharged while you sleep and the 35 kWh Lithium ion battery will last up to 150 miles.

Video Here

·
Registered
172 Posts
I love the idea of not spending money on gas, but at the same time, you just don't get the same power with an electric... the same GUSTO!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
that sounds like the battery that Subaru developed recently that goes ~125 miles on a charge...

a 100 miles would work good for me except when i need to go on a road trip :confused:

i wonder what the cost was to convert is?

·
Registered
204 Posts
wonder how much the ebox costs? must be a considerable premium over a gas xb of the same year etc

·
Registered
635 Posts
When I was looking at mine they gave me some literature on this. It was talking about the electric xB that Tom Hanks has. They mentioned that it costs $55,000.00 to convert it to electric.Thats a little to much for my pocketbook. But I am sure Tom Hanks can afford that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts